Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » do you think it is okay to pierce a baby's ears

do you think it is okay to pierce a baby's ears

i dont understand why people make a big deal of out this 

my mother had my ears pierced at 6 months and i still have them pierced today 

ive seen babies get their ears pierced and they cry for 2 mins and then you give them a teddy bear or a lolli and they are fine

why do people have to ruin everything 

Posted - December 13, 2017

Responses

I come from a Russian Polish background and all little Russian girls got there ears pierced at three years of age. I did. I dont think there is anything wrong with it.
      December 13, 2017 7:46 PM MST

• people think its a problem because the children cant consent to it

by that logic there is a lot parents shouldnt be doing because their children couldnt consent

i didnt consent to being but here i am  ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
      December 13, 2017 7:50 PM MST

• It's not as bad as circumcision but I think it's still an archaic tradition that is best left in the past.   Let them decide.
      December 13, 2017 8:57 PM MST

I think it is a dumb thing to do, but it will heal.
      December 13, 2017 10:00 PM MST

No, I don't particularly like to see it.  I did not mutilate my babies; I waited until they were in junior high and asked for it.  Then I took them and had them done.  Any further mutilations would have to be done after attaining the age of 19 and with their own money.  They understood.  One went on to, in college, get two little tattoos.  I hate all tattoos.  At the age of 33,  she paid a lot of money to have them removed.  I was so proud, but shhhhhhhh. 
      December 14, 2017 12:38 AM MST