Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Random Knowledge » Do carolers strike fear into the hearts of any Muggers besides myself?

Do carolers strike fear into the hearts of any Muggers besides myself?

O_o Make it stop. *shudders*

Posted - December 21, 2017

Responses

• Curious!
    Is it the flat notes twanged by amateurs, or some association with a past event?

I quite like some carols sung really well,
    but off notes and kitchy renditions jangle my nerves. I have to move out of ear shot.
      December 21, 2017 8:35 PM MST

I believe it's the fact that it involves people. People. *shudders* D:
      December 22, 2017 8:48 AM MST

Yep! Almost as scary as leaving the grocery store when they're trying to sell you girls scout cookies. 
      December 21, 2017 9:10 PM MST

OMG Yes! I'm not sure which is worse- them or the bell ringers. D:
      December 22, 2017 8:49 AM MST

Not really. Ive always kept the same weight since high school. I eat like a my bird, here and there. ;)
      December 21, 2017 9:55 PM MST

HUH?
      December 22, 2017 8:42 AM MST

• No.  I like them and think it's a shame there isn't more of it.
      December 21, 2017 10:47 PM MST

• Not me I like them. When some are off key and all. 
      December 22, 2017 4:55 AM MST

What?  Why?  What is wrong with carolers?   I quite enjoy them.
      December 22, 2017 5:11 AM MST

If there was a caroling tradition here I think I would hate them. Thankfully Denmark do not have such a tradition, so I don't mind
      December 22, 2017 3:01 PM MST

• "No" ... as long as they aren't wearing white sheets, burning crosses and singing "O Death" ... I'm good.
      December 22, 2017 5:30 AM MST

LOL What kind of carolers do you get out by your house?!? Ours don't carry burning crosses, just pitchforks. 
      December 22, 2017 8:51 AM MST

• I don't know a lot about them, but they do strike fear into some peoples hearts.

December 22, 2017 2:46 PM MST

We don't get them here. Only JWs, and they don't sing.
      December 22, 2017 8:43 AM MST

They should. Maybe more would convert. 
      December 22, 2017 8:51 AM MST

Arrrgh...YOU"RE not a JW I hope.?
      December 22, 2017 1:07 PM MST

lols E, you know I don't believe in any god. 
      December 22, 2017 3:29 PM MST

That reminds me :) Why do I get 3 THREE notifications whenever someone respond to an answer I gave and like it?
    And why dont notifications just disappear when  I click on the red X in the top right corner of them?
      December 22, 2017 11:38 AM MST

Are all the notifications exactly the same? Can you post an example here or email me one? Copy/ paste or screenshot would help.

I believe they should disappear when you click the "x," provided you're using a standard browser and one that we support. What browser and device are you using, have you tried doing a "hard refresh" of the browser, and how long has it been going on?
      December 22, 2017 11:44 AM MST

Here you go. All 3 lead to the same post I made but strangely when I try to copy the link location I get
    https://www.projectwonderful.com/out.php?go=176887640&_r=  Is the Mug hosted there?

The X problem is strange. But hardly cased by lag or update need. When clicked the notification in the list disappear instantly, then when I reload the list to see the remaining notifications the one I Xed is back, seems only the displayed notification list is affected.
      December 22, 2017 12:42 PM MST

I am getting the same thing when I X one out. It goes away on the current list, but still remains on the other list. 
      December 22, 2017 1:19 PM MST

Project Wonderful serves some of our ads. It sounds like maybe you clicked outside the box to start with and it coped the ad code for the ad at the top of the page. 

As for the notifications, it's for three unique actions. You should get a notification for each. They may involve the same question, but the actions are independent of one another. 

And, the notification lists do work independently of on another. I wasn't aware people were toggling between the two. The page-style list doesn't support deletions- it's just a list. The Facebook-style alerts at the top of the page do. It sounds like that's the issues LC below is reporting.

With yours, again, if the ones you've deleted don't stay gone on the same interface, something else is going on. It cold be caused by using a non-compatible browser or there could be some kind of hangup with the code that would be fixed by a hard refresh. Hard refresh is usually shift or control with the refresh button. You can also go to your browser settings and try clearing the cookies/ cache for the site. I haven't gotten any reports of similar behavior from anyone else, so it would seem it's local to you... not a guarantee, of course, but having you do the hard refresh and cache/ cookie clear usually resolves issues. If not, email me and let me know what type of browser and device you're using and I'll try to duplicate the issue.
      December 22, 2017 3:48 PM MST

no, i live in an apt building so they dont come around here much
      December 22, 2017 3:49 PM MST