Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » Now the trolls have taken over the Blog section. Did you notice?

Now the trolls have taken over the Blog section. Did you notice?

When you see the same person saying stupid crap that people ignore every other place, they  find out that they can BLOG it,  and all hell breaks loose. 

I want that COMMENTS DISABLE  and that choice to edit or not the coments by the blogger,  KABOSHED.

If they can take up space, we should be able to reply.  This is not some site where people take OVER like that. 

If we say something too bad, they can always report us.  What do we have to retort with when they can literally take over the site?   What is stopping me from bogarting the blog section with my opinion?  ALL DAY LONG?  And no one gets to say anything back? 

I thought this was an exchange of ideas not someone who cannot get any attention any other way to blog over and over again a bunch of NONSENSE.

THIS IS RIDICULOUS. 

Posted - August 1, 2016

Responses

• Someone must think that if their posts cannot be refuted it somehow adds veracity to them. 

'Ridiculous' is the perfect word to describe it. 

August 1, 2016 9:47 AM MDT

How about a I DIDN'T read it button. 

August 1, 2016 9:50 AM MDT

I just ignore them. 

Anyone who disables comments on their blog has demonstrated themselves intellectually bankrupt, and their opinions aren't worth considering, let alone taking seriously. 

August 1, 2016 9:59 AM MDT

It's time for new rules. I do think that if you don't want people commenting, you should go to the section that says "statements". A blog should allow comments, especially if you subject is controversial. Otherwise, we should also have censorship. I think we already do.

As for me, I just write a new blog to comment on the one that doesn't allow comments. I think that people who don't allow comments are afraid about what we might say. There should be no fear here.
      August 1, 2016 10:20 AM MDT

No, I didn't notice that you've been posting in that section. I'll have to have a look . . . (not!).

August 1, 2016 10:22 AM MDT

I agree. And thank you for YOUR blogs.

As long as they are new topics, that is great stuff.

But when silly members  have to tell us what they KNOW Jesus says;  and tell us  preaching nonsense about Terrorists and insulting other people with insane political diatribe, that is ENOUGH already. 

Not to mention just ignorant babbling. 

(I didn't even know they had a statement section.)  That has to GO too, in my opinion. 

This is not a statement site unless you are the owner. JA should be able to make statements.  Not the rest of this crowd.

August 1, 2016 10:24 AM MDT

Not good enough, STEP.  No.  That is taking over the site. 

I could also post 30 questions in a row.  It is allowed. It would also ruin the site.  This is not necessary and should not be allowed.  I DON'T IGNORE ANYTHING and should not have to so others can be insufferable.

You want to blog, fine.  I want to answer.  PERIOD.

I promise you if I kept blogging about this subject and disabled the comments I WOULD HEAR ABOUT IT.

August 1, 2016 10:28 AM MDT

August 1, 2016 10:30 AM MDT
  • Bez

I didn't notice it until you posted this question, and I still haven't noticed it.

August 1, 2016 10:43 AM MDT
  • Bez

Lol:)

August 1, 2016 10:43 AM MDT

Oh wow.  This is the least clever thing you have ever come back with and that is saying a lot.

SAD.  From a sad sack. 

August 1, 2016 10:50 AM MDT

You think Salt and Pepper is right and I am a troll?

Well, guess what?  At least I allow you to comment and speak your mind. 

As small and stunted as it is sounding at present. 

August 1, 2016 10:52 AM MDT
  • Bez

Where have I called you a troll, Sharonna? Where have I posted that on here? As for Salt and Pepper, I haven't really paid much attention to that member's postings. I just posted a "Lol" after that member's posting on this question, that's all. I posted that because I liked the element of sarcasm in it. It wasn't me who implied you were a troll, it was Salt. There, I've spoken my mind and told it exactly as it is, the way I always do.

August 1, 2016 10:57 AM MDT

JA's censorship has already ruined the site. The last thing we need is more censorship. Alas, I expect you'll get your wish. Once people deem themselves entitled and qualified to decide for another person what ideas are worth being expressed, and how they can express them, they rarely reverse course. What person, upon having become a god, would consent to become a person? 

I ignore all kids of questions. If you prefer to read everything because you have a personal policy against ignoring things, that's a choice you make, and it's a choice you're free to unmake. It's unethical to remove from another person their ability to speak, so you don't have to suffer the burden of having to choose whether or not to listen. 

August 1, 2016 11:02 AM MDT

Your trolling seems to "Trump" everyone else's by a country mile. Perhaps you don't remember all those posts? Maybe it's the ARBI ?

August 1, 2016 11:04 AM MDT

Well, that is the down side of this. 

People can take advantage either way.  But when some imbecile is allowed to disconnect comments, isn't THAT censorship? 
    That is what is being censored here, Step.  ME and YOU not the BLOGGERS.

August 1, 2016 12:33 PM MDT

• I'll keep writing to my hearts content despite what you say but I'll stop writing about users on here even though you are the one who started it. I'll be the bigger person and just ignore it but no matter how much you want to bully me I still won't open comments.

First things first though.. let's be honest here.... that's not your real problem. The fact is you called me names and I called you out on it on another blog. You haven't done this just to me... it's been others as well. You won't mention them by name but every time you want to pick on someone for closing off comments to blogs you call them names like coward. The difference is though I am the first that has called you out on it.

Now mysteriously you have a problem. How dare I tell you not to disrespect me when I closed off comments to my blogs? Who do I think I am? That is your personality and other people may put up with it because let's be real here there's LOTS of people I've seen you attack (not just over religious or liberal topics either) and they are far more polite about it than I ever will be.

Yes who do I think I am? It was only WHEN I called you out that you have made it a big deal. Something I said get to you? Good. I won't praise you for your bad behavior even though your friends surely will. You don't like it go get bent.

August 1, 2016 1:22 PM MDT

• Selective amnesia!

August 1, 2016 1:25 PM MDT

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE

I AM SO FRIGHTENED TO ANSWER.

IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE IGNORE

RIGHT.

TRY TELLING THE TRUTH SALT.  YOU ATTACK EVERYONE ON HERE AND THEN WHINE WHEN IT HAPPENS BACK.  THAT IS NOT TROLLING. THAT IS ME KNOWING HOW TO PUT YOU WHERE YOU BELONG. IN YOUR PLACE

I AM NO COWARD.  TROLLS THAT POST THEIR INSIPID RANTS AND CLOSE THE QUESTION?

EVEN YOU DON'T PULL THAT ONE SALTY.  EVEN YOU AREN'T THAT BIG A BABY.

I WONDER HOW YOU WOULD FEEL IF I COULD ERASE YOU?   I WOULDN'T DO IT EVER.  I WANT TO KNOW WHAT EVEN SOMEONE AS CLOSE-MINDED AS YOURSELF THINKS.

August 1, 2016 1:29 PM MDT

I plan to address this further in private, but I will publicly say that I recently became aware of other issues happening in the blogs. Do you remember the discussion I started the other day about how to express free speech without attacking someone? http://answermug.com/forum/topics/could-somebody-please-explain-in-very-simple-terms-how-it-s-possi Well, we do a pretty good job of that in the Q&A these days, but it's not happening in the blogs. People are responding to the blogs and making personal remarks about the poster that have nothing to do with the topic at hand. They are personal attacks. 

Unfortunately, rather than reporting these attacks, our bloggers have just been removing offensive comments or closing their comments altogether, so it doesn't get moderated. The person attacking does so with impunity and continues to do so because all that's happening is that the comment gets deleted by the blogger. This needs to stop. 

To everyone posting in the blogs section, please report issues. To those of you leaving responses, the blogs are NOT a place to give your personal assessment about the person who wrote the blog. If you have something to say about the TOPIC, by all means do so, but do not discuss the poster in a derogatory way. Period. 

The revamped site does not have these same features. If you allow someone to see the blog, they will be able to comment on it and you will not be able to remove it. This is being done to cut back on repeat behaviors by people. (You will still have privacy settings, so you can limit who sees your blog.)

Yes, a lot of people are cutting back on blogging and on who can comment. I don't blame them one bit, because they're doing it as a response to trolling and attacks. We're going about this the wrong way, though. Guys, when you see an issue, please hit the report button or email me a link. 

August 1, 2016 1:40 PM MDT

• Whatever. I can't speak for Salt but I know I am done with you. Call me whatever you like but just know that no amount of bullying will get me to open comments. Just because we live in a democracy doesn't mean I can't do anything about volatile situations or volatile people. Part of being in a democracy means that I can have the freedom to walk away from people like you.

I'll let you continue your temper tantrum in peace.

August 1, 2016 1:40 PM MDT

• I agree. What's the purpose of posting to a public forum, if you don't want anyone to actually discuss? If you feel the need to disable comments, maybe whatever you have to say fits better in a diary.

I'm new to this site, so I apologize if this is already a feature I missed, but maybe we would be better off with a blocking function? Just to automatically hide comments by blocked users, while still allowing them to make comments on your posts, with an option to unhide certain comments if wanted. I think it would be important to stop harassment, but also prevent allowing users to create an echo chamber where only people with opinions they agree with can talk.

August 1, 2016 2:06 PM MDT

If you are done with me, why are you here?

If you think bullying is what I am doing, I suggest you READ what people are saying about  the ability to wax profoundly and then shut off any feedback.  They are not on the side of disablement. 

And please, do me a favor and be done with me permanently.  I would welcome that. 

August 1, 2016 2:15 PM MDT

Oh and I didn't CALL you anything.  If the shoe fits, though.....

August 1, 2016 2:53 PM MDT