Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The World Health Organization thinks video games are causing a mental health disorder. It's called "Gaming Disorder". Are you afflicted?

The World Health Organization thinks video games are causing a mental health disorder. It's called "Gaming Disorder". Are you afflicted?

Folks who are really addicted play 12 hours straight and can't give up playing the  games which take over their lives, interfere with sleep/work/everything. Know anyone like that?

Posted - December 25, 2017

Responses

Once saw a TV show about kids playing Dungeons and Dragons who got very carried away by it.  Sorry thought it was a computer game like Atari and those others that kids played in the 1980s.  Yes mostly guys but have talked to some girl gamers on the net so they do exist and probably more than we realize.  Thank you. 
      December 27, 2017 6:09 AM MST

Thank you for your reply officegirl. I don't know if you know much about  Dungeons & Dragons but I asked my son to create a Dungeon where only good occurred and unicorns inhabited it and no one died. He tried. After a few days he told me he couldn't do it because the point of the game was slaying the bad guys/demons/whatever to advance to higher levels. And if there were nothing slay how would you advance?  A game that was based on slaying dragons was not my cuppa tea but I appreciated his effort. Happy Thursday to thee! ::)
      December 28, 2017 2:08 AM MST

Have you heard of "collecting games" ? That is the girls corollary to the boys mayhem focused games. Collect a huge wardrobe of clothes and jevelry, collect all objects of some kind. A lot of girls immerse in those, at least for a while

check out PokéFarm Q
      December 28, 2017 10:26 AM MST

No JakobA! I have NEVER heard of that. I am definitely out of that loop . The shopping I love is for food, cookware and books. PERIOD.  That's why I'm not nor have I ever been a "girly girl"? They'rn ot my cuppa tea. Jim says I'm not remotely "girly" but I'm VERY feminine. He has a way with words that always make me happy. Thank you for your reply! :)
      December 28, 2017 10:39 AM MST