Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Cops murder another man. He made a sudden move after going to the front door as they commanded him to do after a fake call..

Cops murder another man. He made a sudden move after going to the front door as they commanded him to do after a fake call..

How much more Lord?
https://www.cnn.com/2017/12/30/us/kansas-police-shooting-swatting/index.html

Posted - December 30, 2017

Responses

Im afraid a lot more in the future with Marshall Law now an option to pronounce. Thank you Mr. Bush. ;( 
      December 30, 2017 8:52 PM MST

In the first place, I don't know why an entire SWAT team was sent on this call, even if it was bogus.  Second, it would appear that the training these officers have gone through is not sufficient.  They are supposed to be able to defuse a situation - not kill an unarmed man.  Third, the homeowner was distinctly instructed to keep his hands in the air - with all those guns trained on him, what the heck would possess him to make any kind of move that the officers might deem threatening? I know it sounds as though I'm blaming the victim here, but if he had followed the instructions given to him, none of this would have happened.
      December 31, 2017 10:24 AM MST

Guns and hostages will get the SWAT team every time.
      December 31, 2017 3:52 PM MST

I didn't realize that the caller reported a hostage situation.  I thought he only said that he killed someone.  I should have read the entire account.
      January 1, 2018 7:33 AM MST

theyre supposed to help people, not kill them
      January 1, 2018 3:51 PM MST

Sad situation....but the victim did not listen to the police. 
    The prank caller should be charged with Manslaughter. 
      January 2, 2018 6:52 AM MST

Overall, I believe our police need better training and screening.  That said, in this particular case, the caller should be held accountable...and the gamer who gave out the address should face consequences as well.

As always...JMHO  
      January 2, 2018 7:02 AM MST