Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » ON AVERAGE during the mid- term elections after a new administration 32 seats are lost to the opposition party. Uh-oh?

ON AVERAGE during the mid- term elections after a new administration 32 seats are lost to the opposition party. Uh-oh?

Allegedly Dems  need to win only 24 seats to regain the majority in the House. How does the Trump Party stop 'em? They have almost a year to get their rears in gear and do as much damage/dirty tricks as they can get away with. Think they will pull it off and hold the majority? Why?

Posted - January 1, 2018

Responses

• A lesson of history that no one seems to take note of is that the  mid term election after a presidential switch is a wash out for the party in power. I've said it until I'm tired of hearing myself, but no one listens. 2018 will be a massacre of epic proportions. As usual, you heard it here first. Proof once again that no one learns from history.
      January 1, 2018 6:52 AM MST

If I'm understanding you correctly, I sure hope you're right.  I think there should never be a time when one party is in control of everything. 
      January 1, 2018 8:07 AM MST

Yes, usually that is the case. But as with the Trump campaign and the Trump Presidency nothing is normal. Especially with so many claiming to retire because of Trump the mid-terms also maybe a big surprise in favor of the Republicans. 
    I can say in my state a Dem Sen will flip to Republic....McCaskill will not get another gift of a Todd Akin to challenge her...she will go home. This post was edited by my2cents at January 1, 2018 8:23 AM MST
      January 1, 2018 8:19 AM MST