Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Transportation » Would you welcome a new road in your village? Or would you be afraid of people coming that aren’t local?

Would you welcome a new road in your village? Or would you be afraid of people coming that aren’t local?

Posted - January 1, 2018

Responses

• My village is 1.5 mi. sq.  If someone decided to build a new road in my village it would have to be underwater.

January 1, 2018 6:10 PM MST

• Looks nice
      January 1, 2018 6:13 PM MST

• It's quite nice if you like the water, boats and a quiet environment.
      January 1, 2018 6:28 PM MST

• My nearest village is 2 k's away.
    It's small: one general store, one cafe, one pub, three tourist shops, a hall, a primary school, an environmental centre and about 60 houses.
    There's no room for another street to be added because it's sandwiched between a steep hill, two small rivers and a floodplain.
    The only development that could happen would be if the local council allowed blocks of land to be subdivided, or second storey additions to the houses.
    I wouldn't object if the zoning regulations were correctly phrased to ensure social justice, because there is a desperate shortage of rural and rental housing. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 2, 2018 4:32 PM MST
      January 1, 2018 6:32 PM MST

Royston Vasey is relatively normal compared to my village and its inhabitants. You're mine now, Dave! 
      January 1, 2018 6:34 PM MST

I live in NYC, hardly a village, so if a new road were to appear, it would just allow for more parking spots. :)
      January 1, 2018 6:43 PM MST

it wouldnt bother me
      January 2, 2018 3:37 PM MST

It doesn't need a new road round here for the off-comers, except those in housing-estates: most of the more attractive existing homes and new developments in SW England are priced and advertised for the Canary Wharf set, not buyers on local pay! (Actually many Londoners in ordinary work like teaching, brick-laying, bank-work etc. struggle to afford homes in their own town now.)
      January 12, 2018 4:56 PM MST