Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » You're the last person alive worldwide. Would you remain silent till you died or would you express your thoughts aloud despite it? Why?

You're the last person alive worldwide. Would you remain silent till you died or would you express your thoughts aloud despite it? Why?

Posted - January 2, 2018

Responses

Hi Rosie~ I would talk to the animals ;)  Happy New Year, my dear!  It's going to be a great one. Love, Merlin
      January 2, 2018 9:00 AM MST

From your lips to the ears of the Universe! I hope so Merlin. 2017 sucked bigly bigtime. SIGH. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday! Also Happy New Year's my friend! : ((hugs) Love, guess who?
      January 2, 2018 10:39 AM MST

• I'm already in the habit of talking to myself. It's all part of the Answermug experience.
      January 2, 2018 9:05 AM MST

"They" say if you don't use it you'll lose it. I'd talk, speak, orate, pontificate.  Thoughts are meant to be shared, spoken, released. Otherwise they clog up the brain. Whether others hear them is irrelevant . And you never know who might be listening in the elsewhere of another plane! Thank you for your reply uncle bob and Happy Tuesday. Happy New Year too! :)
      January 2, 2018 10:41 AM MST

Posting this comment is another kind of talking. But it is directed a someone, You.
      January 2, 2018 5:35 PM MST

No JakobA. It is a form of COMMUNICATING not talking. Talking requires that the sounds that you speak aloud can be heard by a receiver. I don't hear a word you are "saying" because you aren't saying anything aloud. We exchange views via our eyes not our ears when we are on the internet. I know there is  SKYPE and other things but they are not available to me.  OK. I just looked up "talk" in the dictionary JakobA just to be sure I was being accurate. There are 36 subdefinitions of "talk". Number 8 says " to communicate ideas by means other than speech" so you are correct. The other 35 all speak of making noises. I'm glad I looked it up. You could have nailed me and I beat you to to it! Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 3, 2018 2:59 AM MST

I occationally talk to myself, I even sing sometimes. But my singing voice is so bad that I never sing where others might hear.
      January 2, 2018 5:33 PM MST

I sing all the time at home and because Jim is such a lovely guy he enjoys it. When I sing he knows I'm happy and you know what they say? If momma ain't happy ain't no one happy! We have a yearly ritual in fact. For my sister and brother-in-law's birthdays we call and sing Happy Birthday to them and they do the same on our birthdays! The sound to outsiders would probably be unbearable. We are always off key but we sing with such impassioned devotion it kinda makes up for it!   Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 3, 2018 3:02 AM MST

I would still probably talk to myself as usual. When I get really deep into thought, I can't help but mutter what I'm thinking. Probably makes me look like a lunatic..
      January 2, 2018 6:57 PM MST

I do that all the time Patch. In fact I'm doing it right now! Jim is still sleeping and the bedroom door is closed but I'm still whispering. I do that in the market too.  Sometimes what I see there begs for comment so I comment. To whom? The shelves I expect or the product.  I'll give you a f'r instance that drives me bonkers. You see foods that advertise right on the packaging "WHOLE GRAIN ORGANIC". I read all labels. On some I see very little fiber. That is the key. If it is WHOLE GRAIN there has to be significant fiber. So they lie. Here's another. They sell "SOURDOUGH" breads in a variety of stores that contain no sourdough starter at all. They even have the NERVE to sell "San Francisco  Sourdough" with no sourdough starter. In fact I'm so ticked off I'm gonna ask a question about it. Thank you for your reply m'dear and Happy Wednesday! :)
      January 3, 2018 3:07 AM MST