Active Now

Malizz
my2cents
Shuhak
Randy D
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » If you lived in a foreign country would you WANT to come to America the way it is now despite the prez and what he is doing to it? WHY?

If you lived in a foreign country would you WANT to come to America the way it is now despite the prez and what he is doing to it? WHY?

Posted - January 4, 2018

Responses

I would want to come to America IN SPITE of what President Trump is doing for us. It would be nice to see a US President keeping his campaign promises like he is doing for a change.
      January 4, 2018 7:06 AM MST

Thank you for your reply cp and Happy Friday to thee. Aren't you lucky that you live in a land where you appreciate/like/respect/support/admire/defend your prez? I think he is  a nutjob. Different strokes.
      January 5, 2018 2:31 AM MST

• I live in Australia, and am grateful for it despite our country's many faults.

For many years, I wished I could afford to visit the USA to study with particular teachers,
    but I also thought it would be wonderful to see the national parks, the wildlife, the art galleries and museums, and to listen to things like the Cleveland Symphony Orchestra, or watch great dancers like Merce Cummingham (RIP.)

But with the numbers of mass shootings and murders I hear about, and with the sexist and racist behaviours I see evidence of, my whimsical desires are gone.

Now, the only reason I can imagine for people wanting to migrate to America is that the conditions in their country of origin are far worse. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at January 5, 2018 2:32 AM MST
      January 4, 2018 11:34 PM MST

Vis a vis national parks doofus don has removed protections on some of them so now greedy bas**rds can come in and drill for oil or build apartment complexes or whatever the he** they want. There is no reason for any sane person to come here. There are other countries far more hospitable and worthwhile than ours. Until the evil nutjob in the whitehouse is out and a sane intelligent honorable patriotic person holds that job I advise staying away. Sad to say. Thank you for your reply Hartfire and Happy Friday! :)
      January 5, 2018 2:35 AM MST

It would depend on the country from which I'm coming.  For the most part, the worst day in the U.S. is better than the best day in most of the other countries in the world.
      January 5, 2018 9:48 AM MST

I live in Denmark, and I do not want to move to the US.

If I had lived in Bangladesh I might want to (food is scarce in Bangladesh and plentiful in the US): But it would require a substantial incentive like that.

Yes The US is a rich country; but sometimes "rich" only means people can afford to spend time angrily arguing about things that does not matter (like politics or religion) This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at January 5, 2018 10:11 AM MST
      January 5, 2018 10:03 AM MST

The US is lucky to have a prez that can fix global warming in a year.

This post was edited by Malizz at January 5, 2018 9:22 PM MST
      January 5, 2018 1:13 PM MST