Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Sessions announces end to policy that allowed legal pot to flourish. So what happens to pot for medicinal purposes?

Sessions announces end to policy that allowed legal pot to flourish. So what happens to pot for medicinal purposes?

Posted - January 4, 2018

Responses

Nothing happens. The result being Sessions will soon discover the scope of his irrelevance. The bigot AG just marched his 19th century agenda into a quagmire he can’t imagine. He unwittingly brings his own downfall. 

To wit:
    It is difficult to posit that individual states, drooling over possibly billions in new tax revenue —gained by local legislation approved by their own voters— will just give it all up because an ignorant racist bureaucrat teetering at the end of his career in faraway DC rescinds a piece of paper.
    Just let him try to enforce it. 

Fact is, all the weight of the Justice Dept couldn’t stop pot when it was illegal for decades; there is virtually no chance of putting the genie back in the bottle now, especially given the tenuousness of Sessions’ stature in the chaotic Trump WH, and the growing national dissension toward the whole DC crowd in general. I expect elected officials from affected districts to stand against Sessions’ poorly timed and ill-conceived grandstanding. 

Added to the many other nonstarters proposed by this dysfunctional Administration, this one is going to be fun to watch. This post was edited by Don Barzini at January 5, 2018 3:26 AM MST
      January 4, 2018 3:29 PM MST

((hugs)) Pardon the impertinence of the hug Don B but you just made my day! Thank you for your thoughtful, informative and very comforting analysis in response to my question. I don't use it myself but I KNOW it is very helpful to those in pain from AIDS and Cancer.  Anything that can benignly mitigate pain is okey dokey with me! So many meds have deleterious side effects and I think pot doesn't so much. Happy Friday m'dear! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 5, 2018 4:25 AM MST
      January 5, 2018 3:29 AM MST