Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Are you a 24/7 multitasker? Would you prefer to take things one at a time and get them done right? What's your battling average?

Are you a 24/7 multitasker? Would you prefer to take things one at a time and get them done right? What's your battling average?

Time is such a precious resource and it seems there is never enough of it to do things justice. Things have to get done and time doesn't stretch so you do your best. Something is gonna get less attention. Is it usually you? Are you always last on your list and you never get around to you?

Posted - January 15, 2018

Responses

I am a multi-tasker, but I don't do it 24/7.   I spend a lot of time and energy getting things done, but I also think, wait and pray about what to do next.  Sometimes I have to wait and it makes no sense to anyone else why I am not moving, but I am moving inside my head.  I just know that it is futile sometimes to move before it is prudent to act.

So, patience is a virtue.  At least for me, I cannot spend every day running around non-stop.  I need balance.

January 15, 2018 10:00 AM MST

The balance in the picture looks surreal and impossible to achieve. But there it is. Thank you for your reply Sharon. I can be very industrious and get a lot done. I am also very excellent at being lazy and doing nothing. When you get older you get better at it.
      January 15, 2018 12:39 PM MST

January 15, 2018 5:28 PM MST

Like most men, I can't multi-task. Give me one thing to do and I will do it. (ADD, I guess)
      January 15, 2018 10:58 AM MST

Too funnee hunnee. Well my Jim gets distracted. He starts one project then gets off track on another which takes him off track to another and another and another. And so it goes. I multitask but everything comes out finished at the appropriate time. I'm on Answermug while I'm doing laundry while I'm vacuuming while I'm cleaning veggies while I'm fixing breakfast or lunch while I'm reconciling our bank statements  while I'm paying bills. Daily. Everything I intend to get done gets done. I have no problem focusing intently for hours on one thing though. I'm a retired Internal Auditor. That's what we do. So I guess in that regard I'm ambidextrous!  Thank you for your reply Ele. Having ADD is something I don't have to deal with so the field is not level. You are working with a handicap and as far as I know I'm not. On the other hand you're way smarter so that should make up for a lot! Thank you for your reply! :)
      January 15, 2018 12:37 PM MST