Active Now

Echooos
Danilo_G
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Many African immigrants are better-educated with advanced degrees than many Americans. It isn't smarts/talent some embrace. WHAT IS?

Many African immigrants are better-educated with advanced degrees than many Americans. It isn't smarts/talent some embrace. WHAT IS?

Such a disgrace. It's race they embrace. No secret.

Posted - January 16, 2018

Responses

Guess it stands to reason that they would be more comfortable among their own race and smarts/talent or degree level.  Ever noticed that people tend naturally to hang out more among their own race?   And which society is more closed - black people or white people?  My husband and I know black people and sometimes help them but they have their own lives and want nothing to do with ours despite many shared concerns. 
      January 16, 2018 6:56 AM MST

among their own race? Isnt that kind of old by now.
      January 16, 2018 10:25 AM MST

My experience is the EXACT OPPOSITE of yours officegirl. Currently our across-the-street neighbor Wilma is our best friend other than our relatives of course. In fact we have adopted her as our little sister I'm 80 and Jim is 82 and she is 68. From the moment she moved into the neighborhood we clicked..the three of us. We later discovered we are all Scorpios so we figured that's what did it. We celebrate holidays together and  birthdays. She is a beautiful African American woman. Jim and I are not African American nor are we beautiful though Jim is kinda super handsome. Also in the markets we frequent among the employees with whom we are on a HUGGING basis when they see us are some lovely African American folks and Mexican folks. We react to VIBES. Some folks just exude warmth and goodness and that's what we respond to every time. So as I said our experience is antithetical to yours. You can only go by what you know. Us too. Thank you for your reply and Happy Tuesday!  :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 17, 2018 2:24 PM MST
      January 16, 2018 10:30 AM MST

Yes and those are the ones who should be immigrating here....under President Trump's Merit Based visa program.
      January 16, 2018 7:12 AM MST

I suppose you have to be to become accepted as an immigrants from some African "Crap-country"
      January 16, 2018 10:15 AM MST

Every excuse  is hollow/transparent. You cannot cover up racist no matter how convoluted the "reason". It just doesn't fly. It doesn't wash. It's gibberish. Thank you for your replyh JakobA and Happy Wednesday! :)
      January 17, 2018 2:29 AM MST