Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Any of you experts about SH**? What's the diff between SH**HOLE and SH**HOUSE? Aren't they both equally SH**TY?

Any of you experts about SH**? What's the diff between SH**HOLE and SH**HOUSE? Aren't they both equally SH**TY?

Posted - January 16, 2018

Responses

Don't forget "sh*t show"....
      January 16, 2018 11:24 AM MST

The already-quite-embarrassing story of the president calling Africa a “****hole” took an even more embarrassing turn over the Martin Luther King Jr. holiday weekend: It turned out that Republican Sens. Tom Cotton and David Perdue, who’d denied that Trump used the term, did so under the extremely flimsy and technical justification that what they’d actually heard him say was ****house.

Josh Dawsey

@jdawsey1
    White House official told me tonight there is debate internally on whether Trump said "****hole" or "****house." Perdue and Cotton seem to have heard latter, this person said, and are using to deny.

7:54 PM - Jan 14, 2018
    3,741 3,741 Replies 5,321 5,321 Retweets 10,430 10,430 likes
    Twitter Ads info and privacy
    This distinction seems to have been leaked to other reporters as well, which suggests the White House wants America to think the president might have called Africa a “****house.” This is a curious choice: ****hole could be used in a borderline-affectionate way to describe, let’s say, a dive bar or ramshackle cabin. ****house, by contrast, doesn’t describe anything except an outhouse.

To be clear, the president was clearly not using “****hole” to describe Africa affectionately. But the word’s potential to be used differently—the fact that it is sometimes dissociated idiomatically from the actual thing it describes—dampens its impact on the listener. ****house is more specific and novel and thus more evocative and demeaning. It can only suggest the image of a place where people ****.

Either way, though, the idea that the administration would try to make such a fine distinction between insults instead of simply apologizing makes one start to wonder whether they actually have any respect for Africans at all!

Afterthought:   And my "favorite" moderator is a Trump supporter, so let's see how this post is handled. This post was edited by my2cents at January 17, 2018 4:10 AM MST
      January 16, 2018 1:10 PM MST

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Ya got me rolling on the floor kiddoo. Not in pain but in exquisite laughter! This is HILARIOUS! This is SPLENDID! Thank you for pulling it together on this thread and contributing it for our edification tom. As you said on another thread presenting the truth is a public service. Well you just outdid yourself. I believe I know about whom you speak. I shall be watching and waiting as well to see the prezelization that occurs. SIGH. As so it goes! Or it might be removed completely and just become dust in the wind. But I saw it and I LOVE it and perhaps that will be enough. The wheel keeps turning and churning out so much crappy junk stuff it's really hard to keep up with it. But it's good exercise for the brain so I do not complain.! :)
      January 17, 2018 4:14 AM MST

Both pretty similar 
      January 16, 2018 3:34 PM MST

I suppose they're interchangeable.  A country can be both a SH**HOLE and a SH**HOUSE. SIGH. Of course the guy with the foul mouth once again denies he said it. Of course the sycophant spineless toadies insist he never said it. Those in the room with him affect ignorance or in the case of a couple of LIARS say he never said it. It's all gibberish. We see through it. The disease has spread to encompass everyone in government. LYING is your golden ticket to fame and fortune. Isn't that swell? Thank you for your reply Addb! :)
      January 17, 2018 3:15 AM MST