Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » The straw that breaks the camel's back. The line that is crossed. Both indicate when you've had enough..are through. Are there many of 'em?

The straw that breaks the camel's back. The line that is crossed. Both indicate when you've had enough..are through. Are there many of 'em?

Does the straw change shape/weight/size or is it always the same? Does that line ever move or is it rigid?Are YOU flexible or are you rigid too? Why?

Posted - January 17, 2018

Responses

There is an acronym in psychology---JND   (just noticeable difference)  In other words, something has to change enough to be noticed / measured.

So for me, the weight of the straw and the width of the line tend to change, depending on the issue and my boundaries regarding the issue.
      January 17, 2018 4:39 PM MST

JND. Just noticeable difference. Thank you for the information tom. Some changes are huge and happen quickly. Some are minutely incremental and take a very long time to be noticed. I don't like change if it affects me and I'm not in control of it. In that I'm undoubtedly typical. On the other hand some folks love the unknown and variety and sameness bores them. I like routine. I like to KNOW what I can depend on.  There's not a lot of excitement in that but some folks just are not built for excitement. I believe I am one of them! Thank you for your reply!:)
      January 18, 2018 3:28 AM MST