Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Zack
my2cents
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever face a GRAND JURY inquisition? Were you ever on a GRAND JURY? Sounds very scary. It's very SECRET. SECRET is always scary isn't it?

Ever face a GRAND JURY inquisition? Were you ever on a GRAND JURY? Sounds very scary. It's very SECRET. SECRET is always scary isn't it?

Posted - January 17, 2018

Responses

I was once noticed for Grandy Jury duty, but my juror number never came up for that jury and I didn't have to appear.  I'm glad it didn't - Grand Jury duty can be for one day a week for 6 months.
      January 17, 2018 2:09 PM MST

Can I respectfully disagree with you honey? I think you would have been GREAT! I don't know how much it would have disrupted your "normal" life but the difference between a petit(petty) jury (that's what a normal jury is called I learned yesterday) and a GRAND JURY is that GRAND JURORS get to ask questions of the person before them! Imagine that? You could ask any questions that occurred to you! That gives jurors extraordinary access and it's a crime to lie when you come before a Grand Jury so they'd have to answer with the truth no matter what question you asked or they'd be in contempt. It's very important stuff that goes on behind closed doors of a Grand Jury and everything is kept secret while it is going on! If you ever get that chance again I sure hope you'll grab it. It's  a humongous honor I think to be trusted like that and entrusted with such duty. Of course you couldn't tell me what was going on but still I'd sure be glad you were a  GRAND JUROR!   Thank you for your reply Spunky! :)
      January 18, 2018 5:50 AM MST

Yes, Grand Jury has its advantages, but the location of the courthouse was very inconvenient and rather far from my home.  Both my elderly parents were still living in their apartment at the time and I was their closest caregiver.  It would have been difficult for me to have gotten from the courthouse to them if they were in trouble. 

I do agree that grand jurors have the advantage in being able to ask questions.
      January 18, 2018 10:23 AM MST

Well the circumstances you describe of course are more important. Your folks took care of you when you needed it and you are very kindly and sweetly and lovingly returning the favor. Thank you for your reply  Spunky! :)
      January 18, 2018 11:30 AM MST