Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » How did primitive people trim their toenails?

How did primitive people trim their toenails?

I can't figure out how I would deal with my toenails without clippers. While a lack of shoes might make the issue less critical, I still wonder how folks dealt with the issue.

Posted - January 18, 2018

Responses

Perhaps they did not and toenails were trimmed naturally by walking around barefoot through thickets and thorns across jagged rocks and hot coals. Not only nails were trimmed but also the toe itself. This post was edited by O-uknow at January 18, 2018 11:07 AM MST
      January 18, 2018 8:57 AM MST

Maybe they just chewed them like what I did when I was a kid. I know, I was a disgusting little goober..
      January 18, 2018 9:03 AM MST

I was thinking the same thing!!  Have a great day Patchouli.  Before I go down to answer, I have this burning question.
    I know you haven't changed your avatar in years and for years I've wondered what it was. :)  I've come up with some pretty creative things!  Out of all of them, the only logical one is a character off a Star Wars movie?  I have to admit, it has been a long time and I can't remember which one but is that right?  It would help me if I could put this wonderment to rest.  Thanks!  Love, Merlin
      January 18, 2018 9:12 AM MST

Nope not a Star Wars character so you could cross that off the list.
      January 19, 2018 4:14 AM MST

*^&!@SHVICKIT* !@#FURAKCLE* !@%$DRAT*^!!   Strike One!  I had convinced myself that was it!!  Alright... Back to the drawing board for me ;)!
    We've been friends and known each other for years.  As docile and kind you are to me with your words on the outside, you've actually been torturing me on the inside! (big giggles) I've been wracking my brain over this for years!!  When and if I ever do figure it out, you will be so kind as to tell me, right?  Big smiles to you :)  Have a great day.  Love, Merlin
      January 19, 2018 9:09 AM MST

I'm getting this devilish feeling that a little more-than-ordinary shmoozing might be needed, here ( big smiles !)  How about this.  Your character is very much like a alien from a movie?  And if so, was that movie released in the late 1980s/early 90s?
    If you give me this hint, I'll grant you one wish you can make come true...
    Big winks and smiles! ;)
      January 19, 2018 8:53 PM MST

Sounds about right
      January 20, 2018 6:03 AM MST

Like Patchouli, I'm going with the chewing them down thought.  I think we may have been a little more flexible back then.  If something were to bother us, we would use what we had to alleviate the problem.  What tool did we have?  Our teeth!!  An unpleasant thought, indeed, but a practical one :) This post was edited by Merlin at January 21, 2018 5:40 AM MST
      January 18, 2018 9:15 AM MST

Probably the same way outside animals do, by using them. 
      January 18, 2018 10:09 AM MST

My kids chew theirs. Their flexibility astounds me. lol It is gross, and I stop them and trim their nails when I catch them doing it, but they prefer their way over mine. :/
      January 18, 2018 11:10 AM MST

I know, I know, and they look so cute with their tails curled over their noses when they're fast asleep. Heard it, seen it, been there, done it! 
      January 18, 2018 11:26 AM MST

Look, I know lots of primitive people - and they NEVER trim their toenails. 
      January 18, 2018 11:23 AM MST

Maybe they didn't need to since they didn't wear shoes and socks. I did read a book about life in medieval times that talked about toenail cutting. The people waited until the shepherds came back to the village to shear the sheep and used their clippers. 
      January 19, 2018 4:48 AM MST