Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What have you bagged recently?

What have you bagged recently?

~

Posted - January 19, 2018

Responses

I bagged some aluminium cans in the garage. We save them for a friend to cash in.
      January 20, 2018 6:24 AM MST

Since you ask so politely, I will give you my answer straightforwardly and to hell with the consequences - several kangaroos (could be six or seven), a couple of dingos, a brown rat, a kookaburra, a little abbo kid and a scruffy old moggie whose time had come.
      January 20, 2018 7:10 AM MST

How the Hell do you get a roo into a bag?
      January 20, 2018 9:38 AM MST

(Not a live one, perhaps?)
    ~
      January 20, 2018 9:39 AM MST

Oh no - dead as a dodo for sure. Now I come to think of it, I don't recall the last time I saw a Dodo, in fact, I don't think I ever have. Don't you just hate it when someone gets there before you and cleans up? 
      January 20, 2018 10:07 AM MST

Not easily, no. When we bagged that moose up in north-central Saskatchewan last year we had the same trouble. How many damned legs and sticky-out bits do those things have? God knows how our distant ancestors dealt with those gigantic proboscidians - cut them up on the spot I expect - yes, that's what they must have done. What a feast that must have been. Mmmmmmm.
      January 20, 2018 10:04 AM MST

• "Trash" ... how exciting is that!
      January 20, 2018 8:21 AM MST

As long as you began with clean, unused black trash bags, you either made someone on here very happy by association, or you alienated someone on here by depriving others of available attire. 
    ~
      January 20, 2018 8:25 AM MST

• Win some ... lose some.
      January 20, 2018 8:42 AM MST

I'm just going to hit the high spots here. 

Bought vinyl mattress covers for twin beds which grands will sleep on.  The covers had a highly toxic-smelling odor which I assumed would dissipate overnight.  I left the window open in that room over night.  No.  Unable to even enter the room this morning.  (which turned out to be two days ago, not one)

After being exposed to this chemical I had a severe allergic reaction so took two Benedryl and slept for 16 straight hours.  Very thankful that I woke.  I'll never take two again.

Odor in that bedroom still unbearable.

Armed with my own hazmat suit I went in and cut the covers from the mattresses, triple-bagged them, and put them on the front terrace.  Later, after another shower, I put on gloves and took those bags out to the big trash can that the county collects.
      January 20, 2018 10:56 PM MST

That reminds me of people who "love that new car smell" thinking it pristine because it doesn't have a smokey smell...when what it really originates from is the toxic chemicals used to produce the interior. 
      January 21, 2018 12:41 AM MST