Active Now

Echooos
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » why did i get real hot and break out all over after eating lunch?

why did i get real hot and break out all over after eating lunch?

I do have food allergies but i dont think thats it cause ive had them for yrs and that has never happened before, i do take claritin and benadryl and even before i knew i had allergies and wasnt taking that its never happened. if I stop eating everything im allergic to i wouldnt have anything to eat. i think its possible it couldve been the tylenol i took at lunchtime cause it always makes me feel so hot. so i might take naproxen or advil instead, i got really hot and broke out all over, ive never had that happen before, by the time i was trying to figure out what happened it started going away, only lasted a couple of minutes. it never affected my breathing or made me throw up, its kind of hard to call my doctor on a saturday, and since it started to go away i didnt want to bother them in the er. any ideas of what happened?

Posted - January 20, 2018

Responses

It very well could have been the Tylenol. I took Advil for years before I had a bad reaction. I did have some minor side effects, just as you had to Tylenol so it wasn't completely unexpected. Almost any medication, no matter how safe it is, can affect some people badly. 
      January 20, 2018 5:21 PM MST

I googled your question
    and found a lot of "What it could be"
    Posted the link but it di∂n't work
    deleted question.
    Try that.
    I always thought it was a Niacin Rush...
    like...too much Niacin
      January 20, 2018 6:33 PM MST

im not on niacin right now, but im taking cholesterol meds
      January 20, 2018 7:12 PM MST

If it continues, perhaps you should think about seeing a doctor rather than asking a medical question on a social site.  Just a thought ...
      January 21, 2018 12:12 PM MST

See a doctor.
      January 21, 2018 12:49 PM MST