Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » No DACA no wall. No wall no DACA. Standoff. Charming. What was the point of any of this? February 8 we do it again. WHY ?

No DACA no wall. No wall no DACA. Standoff. Charming. What was the point of any of this? February 8 we do it again. WHY ?

Posted - January 24, 2018

Responses

Personally, I think the problem is too many lawyers and not enough bookkeepers.
    I blame that on the American voters.  They just want to be told they'll get something, and not how much it will cost.  (And they sure as hell don't want to pay for it.)
      January 24, 2018 11:38 AM MST

SIGH.  As a retired Internal Auditor I tend to agree with thee Walt. Grandiose plans are great but they don't just materialize outta thin air because sometimes conjures them up. Ya gotta have a plan starting with how do we pay for it? So February 8 we have another shutdown? Thank you for your thoughtful reply and Happy Thursday. I guess we'll find out!
      January 25, 2018 1:37 AM MST

Exactly No Wall, No DACA. 

Who knows what the Dems are thinking?
      January 24, 2018 12:03 PM MST

At least they are thinking.
      January 24, 2018 1:05 PM MST

Not very well.
      January 24, 2018 3:16 PM MST

You got that half right m2c.  You keep forgetting your side is complicit in this. I don't know whether you are that forgetful or that unfair but it would be nice if you could focus on the WHOLE PICTURE just once and admit both sides are at fault here. Just once. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday :)
      January 25, 2018 1:39 AM MST

We want DACA. We want border security first. 
    We gave amnesty first once and the border security never happened. You are right that was our fault for trusting it to be done. Fool me once.
      January 25, 2018 4:21 AM MST

Because Trump, Ryan, and McConnell all have pictures of Machiavelli on their bedroom walls with small votive candles right below the picture.

There would also be chicken feet and blood if they didn't tend to smell quickly.
      January 24, 2018 1:08 PM MST

Don't forget AYN RAND and GORDON GEKKO too m'dear. Oh. And some voodoo hoodoo to add a bit more spooky to the mix. Thank you for your reply tom and Happy Thursday! :)
      January 25, 2018 1:41 AM MST

Political dancing, just wait and see. Maybe they will find a way to let enough people save face.
      January 25, 2018 12:13 AM MST

I don't know how that can possibly be effected JakobA. Just yesterday  donjohn said there will be  a path to citizenship for dreamers. SIGH. He doesn't know what he wants because he wants everything all at once. Whoever gets his ear last (lately it's Stephen Miller and John Kelly...ALT RIGHTS for sure) is what he "thinks". You can't leave him alone for a minute without his flipping because he watched Sean Hannity or listened to Alex Jones. Thank you for your reply and Happy Thursday! :) This post was edited by RosieG at January 25, 2018 1:45 AM MST
      January 25, 2018 1:45 AM MST