Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » We had two schools shut down here because of internet threats. Is there no end?

We had two schools shut down here because of internet threats. Is there no end?

Posted - January 25, 2018

Responses

What?  What kind of threats? 
      January 25, 2018 10:08 PM MST

Unspecified violence.
      January 26, 2018 5:58 AM MST

It will end one day, sooner than you might imagine. Everything happening right now is bible prophecy fulfilling. These disturbing conditions that will only worsen are an ominous sign that Jehovah's day of reckoning is very near. Part of this sign is that a global campaign to spread the message of the good news would be in motion. This message is to alert the world community not only of the imminent destruction of this old world system, but also to inform the listener that better days are coming, much much better days. A completely different world is on the horizon, and a great crowd is poised to enter into this new system of things. (Revelation 16:14,16; 1peter 3:13; revelation 7:9)
      January 25, 2018 11:05 PM MST

Do you want an end to schools, and end to internet, or an end to threats? Or do you have some other preference?

I believe that public schooling has thoroughly discredited itself and ought to be ended.
      January 26, 2018 1:36 AM MST

Is that you in the picture?

I have a friend, one who I haven't seen in a long time, who thought that public school was an outrage.  He was a Presbyterian minister and his Church had a state-approved home schooling program.  The credentials of the teacher-parent were very strict regarding their education, experience, background, and working outside the home was not allowed during the school  year.  His own children attended private schools.  I don't completely agree.  Our schools (where I lived while I reared my two children) are public but accept no Federal money.  That changes things quite a lot.  Ultimately, parents are responsible for their children's education, not the government.  If no public schools existed I fear that the children who do not get what they need at home now, would also not get an education, and their number would grow and grow.  I already have a problem with poorly educated people sitting on juries and voting.  Oh dear, I got a little carrier away......   
      January 26, 2018 8:41 PM MST

?? I feel like you expect a reply, but you have not said anything that suggests any particular reply.
      January 27, 2018 10:33 AM MST

I told you I got carried away.  Is that you in the picture?  
      January 27, 2018 10:06 PM MST

If you mean my avatar, yes, that is a portrait of me at age 2.
      January 28, 2018 12:28 PM MST