Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Who said "Ha ha..Your Herod's Choice!" during the time of Christ if Christ happened at all and it was even said?

Who said "Ha ha..Your Herod's Choice!" during the time of Christ if Christ happened at all and it was even said?

Posted - February 11, 2018

Responses

I don't know. 
    But I do know Christ happened. 
      February 11, 2018 9:02 AM MST

No one knows what you are talking about.
    Maybe you can be a tad more specific

Herod the Great

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Not to be confused with Herod Archelaus.
    Herod King of Judea HerodtheGreat2.jpg Reign 37– c. 4 BCE/ 1 CE Predecessor Antigonus II Mattathias Successor Born c. 74/73 BCE Died c. 4 BCE/1 CE
    JerichoJudea Burial Most likely the Herodium Wives Issue Dynasty Herodian dynasty Father Antipater the Idumaean Mother Cypros Religion Second Temple Judaism

Herod (/ˈhɛrəd/HebrewהוֹרְדוֹסModern Hōrədōs Tiberian HōreḏōsGreekἩρῴδηςHērōdēs; 74/73 BCE – c. 4 BCE/1 CE),[1][2][3][4][5][6][7][8][9] also known as Herod the Greatand Herod I, was a Roman client king of Judea,[10][11][12] referred to as the Herodian kingdom. The history of his legacy has polarized opinion, as he is known for his colossal building projects throughout Judea, including his expansion of the Second Temple in Jerusalem (Herod's Temple), the construction of the port at Caesarea Maritima, the fortress at Masada, and Herodium. Vital details of his life are recorded in the works of the 1st century CE Roman–Jewish historian Josephus. Herod also appears in the Christian Gospel of Matthew as the ruler of Judea who orders the Massacre of the Innocents at the time of the birth of Jesus. Despite his successes, including singlehandedly forging a new aristocracy from practically nothing,[13] he still garnered criticism from various historians. His reign polarizes opinion amongst scholars and historians, some viewing his legacy as evidence of success, or a reminder of his tyrannical rule.

Upon Herod's death the Romans divided his kingdom among three of his sons and his sister—Archelaus became ethnarch of the tetrarchy of JudeaHerod Antipas became tetrarch of Galilee and PeraeaPhilip became tetrarch of territories north and east of the Jordan, and Salome I was given a toparchy including the cities of Jabneh, Ashdod, and Phasaelis.

Biography[edit]

Copper coin of Herod, bearing the legend "ΒΑΣΙΛΕΩΣ ΗΡΩΔΟΥ" ("Basileōs Hērōdou") on the obverse

It is generally accepted that Herod was born around 73 BCE in Idumea, south of Judea.[14][ This post was edited by WM BARR . =ABSOLUTE TRASH at February 15, 2018 10:40 PM MST

February 11, 2018 12:24 PM MST

have no idea
      February 11, 2018 2:28 PM MST

While the existence of herod the great is supported by not only secular sources, but especially because the bible speaks of him, the quotation in question may not exist. This post was edited by Autumnleaves at November 14, 2018 11:55 PM MST
      November 14, 2018 11:54 PM MST