Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever support things you don't really understand but other people do and you don't want them to think you're stupid? For how long?

Ever support things you don't really understand but other people do and you don't want them to think you're stupid? For how long?

Posted - February 19, 2018

Responses

I can't ever imagine my doing that.
      February 19, 2018 8:59 AM MST

Me too neither tom! As you know by now I ALWAYS ASK. I don't want folks to think I'm spiffy smart when I'm not. I would have to pretend. I am absurdly lousy at that. I want to KNOW what is and what isn't as far as is possible for me to comprehend.  Thank you for your reply. I don't ever recall in my entire life pretending I understood what I didn't or knew what I didn't. You too apparently.  I think that is a very goodly thing! Thank you for your reply!  :)
      February 19, 2018 10:44 AM MST

Absolutely---

Our judgment is only as good as our information---

And our information needs to be vetted...Unfortunately, much of what is real is counter-intuitive...and what "makes sense" is frequently misleading.

That's why the vast majority of what I post is based on specific knowledge and proven principles---less so on experience because behavior is over-determined. (Specific behaviors can be caused my multiple factors, thus the need for differential diagnosis.) 

And occasionally, when doing research for my posts, I come across updated information that represents an advance in knowledge, and I update my opinion when appropriate.

(PS---haven't gotten around to reading all those notifications I said I would read yesterday---that's a lot of time and effort....But I shall "endeavor to persevere.")
      February 19, 2018 12:04 PM MST

That's good enough pour moi m'dear. 925 of anything is DAUNTING! Thank you for your reply tom. Many things don't make sense to me which is why I keep asking so many questions. Now of course it may be due to my lack of comprehension and so I hope folks are patient and will try to help me understand. You do. I mean your boiling down a description of "existentialism" to 3 words..."real not imagined" was superduper helpful to me. THAT I get. But some things truly make no sense because they are nonsense and  it kinda drives me bonkers when the folks who promulgate it  insist it is when there is no way in he** that could be true. SIGH. I just asked a question this morning that donjohn  worshippers will ignore. It seems some of our officials have told their foreign counterparts to IGNORE TRUMP'S TWEETS! Pay no attention to them. When did you ever see/read/hear that about any "leader" of any country at any time? Exactly. Humiliating/embarrassing/shameful! :(
      February 20, 2018 2:49 AM MST