Active Now

WelbyQuentin
Danilo_G
Malizz
Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Is truth as communicable and infectiouis as lies? Once infected by truth does it protect foreverafter from the enormous supplies of lies?

Is truth as communicable and infectiouis as lies? Once infected by truth does it protect foreverafter from the enormous supplies of lies?

Posted - February 21, 2018

Responses

Only if the truth unveils a huge scandal.  People are attracted to the scandal without caring one whit for the truth.

The truth just makes it more juicy.
      February 21, 2018 7:35 AM MST

I see a widening path of truth ahead for us Sharon providing Mueller isn't assassinated/murdered/poisoned/taken out or made to disappear. His motives are meticulous methodical purposeful and timely and the results are multiplying like rabbits. Alex Van de SWAAN is married to the daughter of a Russian Oligarch who is good friends with Putin. ZWAAN has admitted he lied and has now flipped on Paul Manafort. It's gonna get really juicy. Wear one of those bibs they give you when you eat lobster dripping with butter. Thank you for your reply and the graphics. Full steam ahead.  Happy Wednesday! :)
      February 21, 2018 7:48 AM MST

Hi Rosie, Happy Wednesday to you too.

I was just coming back to comment about the women.   I think the truth is coming back.   I think it is making a big comeback.  Truth is power.   Truth is going to wipe the floor with Trump's ass. 

Truth in the form of women.

Rachel Crooks, a young woman who is running for legislature in Ohio now because of Trump, tells a story where she worked for a company in Trump Towers, was this company's receptionist who saw Trump get out of an elevator every day.  She introduced herself to be professionally polite to him.  This was way before he was president and just owned the bulding.

He answered by kissing her on her cheeks and then advanced to her lips.   She was floored.  She was very young, in her 20's and was astounded this happened.

When she told her story, no one would listen.   Then Trump called her a liar.

She is speaking out loud and clear on every station what he did because she is joining the 15 other women in their claims against Trump.  Trump tweeted that she's a liar.  Of course.  He tweeted that she has no evidence and needs to prove it by video.

She begs him to find the video from that night.  BEGS him.

He's a liar.

SO that truth will triumph.  The truth from the mouths of WOMEN will help impeach.

Then there is the Stormy Daniels aspect.

Then we have the truth according to the youth of America who are bussing to the White House because they are demanding a ban on assault rifles.

Something like that.   The White House says no ban.  The kids are coming to show Congress some TRUTH in Advertising.

Embarrass them all over the news.
      February 21, 2018 9:54 AM MST

I think they are a formidable foe and much smarter and more impassioned and more energetic than anyone who thinks they will lose interest in this and go on to playing more video games. Did you hear them? Very intelligent, very committed, very serious. They have suffered grievous loss of loved ones. They have experienced terror and are changed because of it. Many/most of those who would ignore them haven't been where they were and are totally ignorant as well as dumb if they think THAT does't make a difference. It  does. Thank you for your thoughtful reply.
      February 22, 2018 5:47 AM MST

Perhaps but if we are not careful we can still get AIDS. 
      February 21, 2018 7:40 AM MST

I was told that truth exists and is the proper object of study.

That was excellent guidance for life.

I chose to be "infected" by the truth, much like a vaccine.

It has been effective for me---beyond my wildest dreams.

February 21, 2018 8:45 AM MST

Absolute truth exists tom? Truth that will stand up to any time and place and is immutable? Or is all truth subject to the times? I dunno. I keep thinking I have a handle on truth and then once again I find I was wrong. Thank you for your reply! :)
      February 22, 2018 5:49 AM MST

PHILOSOPHY
    "absolute"---a value or principle that is regarded as universally valid or that may be viewed without relation to other things.
      February 23, 2018 4:15 PM MST

Yes. I know what absolute means tom. Can you give me an example of ABSOLUTE TRUTH? Thank you for your reply. This post was edited by RosieG at February 24, 2018 6:32 AM MST
      February 24, 2018 6:32 AM MST

It is a fixed, invariable, unalterable fact that there are absolutely no square circles and there are absolutely no round squares.

There are philosophers who actually spend countless hours toiling over thick volumes written on the "meaninglessness" of everything. We can assume they think the text is meaningful! Then there are those philosophy teachers who teach their students, "No one's opinion is superior to anyone else's. There is no hierarchy of truth or values. Anyone's viewpoint is just as valid as anyone else's viewpoint. We all have our own truth." Then they turn around and grade the papers!

Much more here:  https://www.allaboutphilosophy.org/absolute-truth.htm

February 24, 2018 1:35 PM MST

Truth is also going to be subjective 100% of the time isn't it? How do you remove yourself from anything you think, feel, do? ABSOLUTE TRUTH must be objective mustn't it and as such it cannot ever be ascertained by a human being who will always be trapped by subjective perceptions as well as intellectual limitations. I dunno tom. I think murdering someone is wrong except when it isn't. That's true of everything isn't it? Evaluating/judging/proclaiming is always based on variables? A potpourri of what is important at that particular moment in time and place? It is never simple and I'm not sure that human  beings no matter how intelligent are capable of grasping anything in its entirety. They can be excellent at focusing on one tree but the entire forest? Not so much. Just me pondering and opining. My favorite class was Philosophy (I might have told you that once upon a time) and it's because the teacher threw questions out at us and let us try to figure things out and we could rarely pin him down on anything. In fact I cannot remember a time he gave a definite answer. I dated him a few years later for a short while. There were sparks in the classroom but I was only 17 and I think he was probably in his 40's. When we dated I had been married and divorced and was in my mid 20's. It was fun. It was just one of those things I guess. But I digress. Truth is like mercury. You can never hold onto it and it could kill ya. I wish it weren't  so though. Thank you for your thoughtful reply! :) This post was edited by RosieG at February 25, 2018 6:08 AM MST
      February 25, 2018 6:07 AM MST

To make the statement that there is no absolute truth is illogical. Yet, today, many people are embracing a cultural relativism that denies any type of absolute truth. A good question to ask people who say, “There is no absolute truth” is this: “Are you absolutely sure of that?” If they say “yes,” they have made an absolute statement—which itself implies the existence of absolutes. They are saying that the very fact there is no absolute truth is the one and only absolute truth.

You would probably enjoy reading this link:

https://www.gotquestions.org/absolute-truth.html
      February 25, 2018 12:04 PM MST

I just scanned it tom and what popped out at me is that they list Gravity as an absolute. Now you  know gravity is still a relative puzzlement in Quantum Physics. In trying to come up with a unifying theory or as Hawking wrote "the theory of everything" isn't gravity one of those things that is still somewhat mysterious? A fly in the ointment? If not..if the "problem" with gravity has been solved then what is holding up the works? If not..if gravity is still a puzzle then the article is not completely reliable is it? Please correct me where I got it wrong. Thank you for your reply. Now here's an absolute truth for me. Torturing/raping/murdering anyone is wrong. But I expect there are cultures where it's acceptable. A universal truth/an absolute truth.  Different or the same? I shall ask. Thank you for your reply tom! :)
      February 26, 2018 5:27 AM MST

I think I will not go beyond Einstein and Hawking.  Gravity exists.  Einstein was not happy with thinking of it as a pull, he preferred a push (gravity waves).  Apparently he was right

The point of the link was the argument that the statement that there are no absolutes is an absolute itself.
      February 26, 2018 10:14 AM MST

Oh. Thanks tom. I guess once again I missed the point! :(
      February 27, 2018 5:28 AM MST

I have a ruler that I use in addition to various apps when I modify and Excel spreadsheet to print what I want where I want it.

I would be somewhat irritated if my measurements were only relative to the manufactured length of the ruler when I bought it.
      February 25, 2018 12:10 PM MST

Translation please. I don't get it. Apologies too! :) How can you possibly measure beyond the length of the measuring tool you choose to use and why would it irritate you that such limitation exists? I have a 12-inch ruler and need to measure something that is 3 feet(as it turns out). I can approximate  the size of something longer but I have to use that ruler repeatedly and mark where the last measurement ended. It won't be as accurate as using a yardstick would but it's close enough. It doesn't irritate me that I have to do that. I chose the 12-inch ruler and I also chose measuring something 3 times its length. So I have to improvise. Right? Thanks tom!  :)
      February 26, 2018 5:31 AM MST

Translation:

I want a ruler /yardstick (whatever standard I measure by) to remain fixed and immutable for everyone---otherwise, if I send you the measurements I've made to have you cut my window blinds, you might use your definition and my blinds may not fit.
      February 26, 2018 10:10 AM MST

OK. Forgive the following. I can be thickheaded at times. Why would you require a one-size-fits-all yardstick? How does that make any sense? Now isn't every 12-inch ruler the same worldwide? Isn't every yardstick the same worldwide...3 times the length of a 12-inch ruler? So what am I missing? One foot is 12 inches everywhere isn't it or it is it? If that's what you are talking about then I understand your frustration. If a yardstick measures 3 feet in America and 4' 5" in Argentina and 2' 6" in New Zealand then we've got a problem Houston. Is THAT what you mean?
      February 27, 2018 5:33 AM MST

If I ask you to bring a yardstick to a meeting so I can measure something, I don't want you bringing a "yard" stick that is only 2 feet long and telling me that is your idea of a yard stick because it has 36 divisions on it.

February 28, 2018 4:17 PM MST

So I did understand your point then. You want a yardstick to be universally 36 inches long. Correct? I don't blame you. But in a land where people use miles not meters and pounds and inches and the rest of the world uses liters and kilometers and whatever there can never be an exact equivalency can there? You always have to convert to the methods/means used by the locals. Thank you for your reply tom! :).
      March 1, 2018 2:45 AM MST

Yes.  The point is that if we disagree about the length of the standard, we can compare it to the agreed upon standard by which it is determined.

meter definition. The basic unit of length in the metric system; it was originally planned so that the circumference of the Earth would be measured at about forty million meters. A meter is 39.37 inches. Today, the meter is defined to be the distance light travels in 1 / 299,792,458 seconds.
      March 1, 2018 3:58 PM MST