Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Food and Drink » McDonald's is doing away with cheeseburger Happy Meals. Is there really any benefit to this?

McDonald's is doing away with cheeseburger Happy Meals. Is there really any benefit to this?

Apparently McDonald's is going to remove the cheeseburger option from their menus this summer and only leave up hamburgers and nuggets. People will still be able to request cheeseburger Happy Meals, though. It's apparently in an effort to make the kid's options "healthier." 

https://www.marketwatch.com/story/mcdonalds-will-only-list-hamburgers-and-mcnuggets-in-happy-meals-starting-in-june-2018-02-15 

Posted - February 21, 2018

Responses

How is that healthier?  Is the bread healthy?  Is that meat?  Is the pickle?  The cheese was the only healthy thing on that sandwich.

The government, meaning the Republicans are trying to save money now by omitting food stamps and giving a box of canned and cardboard contained foods.

That is supposed to be healthy for the fat cat's pocketbooks. 

February 21, 2018 2:04 PM MST

It's about as "healthy" as everything else on their menu.
      February 21, 2018 2:21 PM MST

McDonalds does weird things.

I loved the coffee crisp mcflurries. 
    They were only for a limited time. Why? Were they too good McDonalds?

Then yesterday I went to the drive thru and ordered a mc chicken burger.
    He asked "What kind?"
    I said a mc chicken burger.
    He said "But, what size?"
    I said "Normal size."
    He said "We have different sizes of chicken burgers now."
    I said "Just give me a mc chicken burger, please!!!"
    I tell you, they're always messing with stuff. Then they put two drive thru lanes that run into each other and one of them is always out of order.
    Now they change the happy meals. What's next?

February 21, 2018 2:33 PM MST

LOL! I can totally picture you throwing a fit in the drive-thru over that too. :o I finally found someone who is even more a creature of habit than I am. :p
      February 22, 2018 10:36 AM MST

Fast food places are not known for healthy food. If we want a healthy choice we need to go to places that offer that option.
      February 21, 2018 4:43 PM MST

Stuff like that is just to get people to talk about them.  And look.
      February 21, 2018 6:47 PM MST

I hate McDonald's. There is nothing for vegetarians to eat there except desserts. Can't even eat their fries, as they contain cow fat. Why put cow parts into fries? Even after they were sued and had to pay out $10M for falsely claiming their fries were vegetarian, they still won't stop putting cow parts in their fries!  

American McDonalds' are supposed to be getting the McVegan. I can't imagine anyone trusting that it'll really be vegan! 

F McDonald's! 
      February 21, 2018 8:08 PM MST

I'm sorry, but the "cow parts" are what made their fries good. Their fries turned to crap when they stopped the practice... or at least said they did. If their fries are not vegan, why didn't they keep the old recipe that prevented the fries from tasting like anything other than cardboard? :/ 

Yeah, I don't see the McVegan going anywhere either. They burned that bridge long ago.
      February 22, 2018 10:39 AM MST

They used to fry them in beef fat, that's the non-crap tasting days you're thinking of. :)  They started using vegetable oil around 1990. I'm talking about ingredients in their fries, not what they're cooked in. Here's the complete list. 

Ingredients: Potatoes, Vegetable Oil (Canola Oil, Corn Oil, Soybean Oil, Hydrogenated Soybean Oil, Natural Beef Flavor [Wheat and Milk Derivatives]*), Dextrose, Sodium Acid Pyrophosphate (Maintain Color), Salt. *Natural beef flavor contains hydrolyzed wheat and hydrolyzed milk as starting ingredients.

Sounds delicious, doesn't it? 
      February 22, 2018 7:53 PM MST