Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » If someone offered you $1,000 to sing a karaoke number, what would you attempt?

If someone offered you $1,000 to sing a karaoke number, what would you attempt?

Posted - February 22, 2018

Responses

Here are are five of them, so I'll only ask for $200 each. 

"Could It Be I'm Falling In Love?" by The Spinners, 1972.

"Too Hot" by Kool & the Gang, 1979.

"All Out of Love" by Air Supply, 1980.

"When the Going Gets Tough" by Billy Ocean, 1985. 

"Love Power/Power of Love" by Luther Vandross, 1991.

~

February 22, 2018 11:38 PM MST

I cannot picture this.

February 22, 2018 11:51 PM MST

Randy I remember that Spinners record which contains the lyric "you've made me such a happy boy" which I thought might be offensive to some black people.  And which was written I believe by a white female lyricist. 
      February 23, 2018 10:44 AM MST

Office Girl, when taken in context, I find nothing offensive about it, regardless of the ethnicity and gender of its author.  Prior to your post here, I was not only unaware of who wrote it, I had never even considered it to be offensive or non-offensive, I just know I like the entire song.  I consider it to be one of the best songs ever, and it is the measuring tool against which I rate many other songs.

~

February 23, 2018 9:46 PM MST

Thank you - I think the lyricist was Linda Creed. That was a good group . They had one record I just loved - How Could I Let You Get Away. 
      February 24, 2018 5:50 AM MST

I might attempt to corner them in the washroom, render them senseless by bashing their head against against the porcelain tiles, then steal the $1000.
    And I would blame society for it. Why not, if I have no permanent abode, no concerned family, not even a decent suit of clothes, and if I am unemployable and don't want to talk about it, and have schizophrenia and am unable to obtain the meds needed to control it. I am the first to admit I am incapable. Isn't society supposed to help people like this and tell them what they should do? With all the bad things happening in the world, and society just looking on from the sidelines rendering mealymouthed opinion - surely society deserves to get seriously stepped on. From personal experience I can testify that society has been tested and found wanting.  
      February 23, 2018 12:40 AM MST

This is an easy one:
      February 23, 2018 6:38 AM MST

I don't want to brag or anything, but I was a Karaoke Revolution master back in the day. My specialty was Dust in the Wind by Kansas, followed closely by a-ha's "Take on Me." 

This video is not me. Recording devices were not permitted at any of my performances. 

February 23, 2018 10:11 AM MST

"Dust in the Wind" and "Take on Me" are both really great songs!

:)
      February 23, 2018 9:48 PM MST

Have never done that.  Nor do I need the $$.  But guess if they could stand listening to me I could stand singing for them.  I think perhaps Come In From  the Rain. 
      February 23, 2018 10:41 AM MST

probably 'Smoke Gets in your Eyes'....one of my ALL TIME FAVORITES!!!!!!

esp.love the part that goes......

........'now laughing friends deride
    tears I cannot hide......
    so I smile & say
    when a lovely flame dies
     smoke gets in your eyes'........

gets me every time!!!!!!!!!!

:-D

:)
      September 30, 2018 12:51 PM MDT