Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » I want to post a music video with my question. It just shows a black screen with a red arrow. Why won't it work?

I want to post a music video with my question. It just shows a black screen with a red arrow. Why won't it work?

Posted - February 26, 2018

Responses

• It may depend on what you're trying to upload it from, but Just Asking is the resident expert around here.
    I just posted this question, with video included, and it seemed to work fine  ... 
    https://answermug.com/forums/topic/51746/have-you-ever-been-frog-kissin

Go to YouTube and pick your video ...

Click on "Share"  (below video) ...

Click on "Embed"  (it appears below share) ...

Copy the Embed code and return to AM

Click "Insert” (top toolbar of reply box) ...

Click "Insert Video" ...

Click the "Embed" tab (on the box that appears)

Paste the Embed Code in the window

Click "OK"

(my pleasure)

This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 27, 2018 10:52 PM MST
      February 26, 2018 2:05 PM MST

Thanks. Sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't and I don't know why?
    I can't ask Just Asking because I don't know if I'm dyslexic or something, but when she talks about posting gifs or photos or videos I don't understand it.
    I think she's a very nice person and a great friend with lots of good advice, but I always need someone else to explain how to do things on my android phone in a way that I can understand it.
    Thank you for your response. This post was edited by Summer at February 27, 2018 10:52 PM MST
      February 26, 2018 2:48 PM MST

• My pleasure.  Sometimes written communication can be hard to understand and I'm not sure the directions that I posted, for you, are applicable for your android phone. (I'm on a desktop powered by Mac O/S.)
      February 26, 2018 9:58 PM MST

not sure why
      February 28, 2018 4:30 PM MST