Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Family » If you could fantasise ANY ONE of your parents to fit your ideal, which parent would it be, and why?

If you could fantasise ANY ONE of your parents to fit your ideal, which parent would it be, and why?

Posted - February 28, 2018

Responses

How many do you think I have?

There was only two. 

I guess I don't want to be like either of them in some ways, and could never measure up to how wonderful they were in many other ways.

February 28, 2018 7:29 PM MST

(There were only two)
      February 28, 2018 10:49 PM MST

My father, and for several reasons, the main one being that after conception, he never stuck around. If from birth I had had a father, a father figure, I might have been a better man today, a better person today, a better father today, a better husband today, etc.
      My mother had many setbacks and barriers to success as a parent, having started as an unmarried 17-year-old high school student without a father of her own, and creating more and more children under those circumstances did not help the situation, it just made it worse. Had she added been partnered with a good husband and raised us in concert with him, the outcome may have been better than it is now.
    ~
      February 28, 2018 11:05 PM MST

I would like to have know what it was like to have a good dad. 
      March 1, 2018 5:07 AM MST