Active Now

Randy D
DannyPetti
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Business » why are ambulances allowed to park on my street with their lights flashing for 30 mins

why are ambulances allowed to park on my street with their lights flashing for 30 mins

seriously why can’t they just turn them off. it’s ten pm, am I allowed to call the police 

Posted - February 28, 2018

Responses

I hear you.
    I guess when it comes to ambulances I just try to hope the best for the person who needs help, I hope that nobody dies.
    It sucks that their lights are flashing in your widow, but the person who needs that ambulance is probably going through a lot worst and the ambulance crew is probably busy trying to help the person.
    I hope the patient is ok and that you get to have some sleep soon.
    Good luck. : )

February 28, 2018 9:26 PM MST

You can but the po-po will probably be on their side and give you grief when they arrive. File a complaint on the ambulance somehow if you must. I wouldn't. This post was edited by O-uknow at February 28, 2018 9:46 PM MST
      February 28, 2018 9:46 PM MST

You can call the police but you're wasting your time.  The ambulance is out there to help someone.  When they spend that much time in the house, they are trying to be sure that the person actually needs to go to a hospital or if they can be cared for at home.  I hope if you need to call an ambulance one day, your neighbors don't complain about the lights shining in their windows.
      February 28, 2018 9:46 PM MST

It is a big job to move someone who is seriously hurt. It must be done slowly and carefully. Leaving the light on while you do it make drivers aware that they should not park close before the ambulance so it cannot take off (at least it is supposed to).

You can always call the police about anything, but I dont think they will be very sympathetic about this. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at March 2, 2018 5:05 PM MST
      February 28, 2018 10:01 PM MST

Don't be such a sour puss.
      February 28, 2018 10:09 PM MST

And if the police respond with their sirens and flashing lights, will that lull you to sleep?
      March 1, 2018 5:03 AM MST

They are there to help someone. The lights are needed for safety reasons.
    You could close your curtains/blinds.
      March 1, 2018 5:09 AM MST

I never heard anyone complain about the flashing lights before. Most people like to watch the action.
      March 1, 2018 11:43 AM MST