Active Now

Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » The Church (?) of Satan wants to (LOL) put an after school program in each GRADE school in the country. How do you think that is flying?

The Church (?) of Satan wants to (LOL) put an after school program in each GRADE school in the country. How do you think that is flying?

I'm serious.  Someone burned down a temple in Buckeye, Arizona.  TSK TSK judgmental fear mongers did not go for this at all.

Is this like really bad timing ?

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2016/08/02/satanic-temple-seeks-to-open-after-school-satan-clubs-in-elementary-schools.html

Posted - August 5, 2016

Responses

Austrian School is filled with KNOWLEDGE

Most of which he made up himself.

August 6, 2016 9:38 AM MDT

Hello again, AS:

I'm using the response to MY remark because the ability to answer only goes out to 8.  And, we're NOT done..

Let's see..  We have conflict between a church and the government..  That's a Constitutional issue.  Period, end of story.

excon

August 6, 2016 9:42 AM MDT

• Excon - So, in light of your views, do you believe secular schools are best?

August 6, 2016 9:50 AM MDT

• I know what they claim. I just don't believe them.

August 6, 2016 10:05 AM MDT

Hello again, AS:

Here's what you don't get..  You don't HAVE to believe them..  If Scientology can be a religion, so can Satanism..  You either BELIEVE in freedom, or you don't.  There ain't no in between.

excon

August 6, 2016 10:20 AM MDT

• Constitutional law is about deciding what trumps what.

For example, imagine a man carried out a ritual human sacrifice, and was arrested for murder.

Invoking his constitutional rights to the free exercise of religion would not be accepted as a defence since society has decided that the right to life trumps the right to free exercise of religion.

Rights conflict with each other. That's why you have a supreme court to sort these things out.

So the question here is, does a religion's right to equal treatment by government, trump natural parental rights? I say no.

As the 9th amendment asserts, the list of rights mentioned in the constitution is not complete. Parents have rights, even if not explicitly mentioned.

August 6, 2016 10:30 AM MDT

Authoritiarian hypocrite is authoritarian....and hypocritical....;-D...

But he'll generously let the STOOPID EBIL LIBRUHL COCKROACES live in the grace of his superiorty...;-D...

August 6, 2016 10:38 AM MDT

• I wasn't talking about constitutional matters in that answer.

Sharonna posted that Satanists say Satanism is just a philosophy of libertarian individualism. I just said I don't believe them.

"You either BELIEVE in freedom, or you don't."

You're oversimplifying.  Freedom is complex because one right conflicts with another.

August 6, 2016 10:45 AM MDT

• Screw you Old School. There is nothing hypocritical about my views.

I'm not an egalitarian, so I can depart from egalitarianism without violating any of my principles.

What principle of MINE have I violated?

I'm not authoritarian either. If you had the slightest understanding of what rights are, you would realise that rights conflict with each other. We have to decide when one right trumps another. It's a complex process and whatever we decide someone is getting thrown under the bus.

August 6, 2016 11:06 AM MDT

Old,

Every site has to have a desperate know-it-all.

We had Neoedwardian and now this guy.  This should be fun.  He will hate me and he will hate you, but he will really HATE me.   H e will try and impress YOU.  You are the challenge.   But me, he will just HATE. 

LOL

Get the popcorn

August 6, 2016 11:59 AM MDT