Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » I don't know *sigh*. Why when I look at the Oscars I feel like its no farther along than 1967 and that movie "Get Out" is the 2017 version

I don't know *sigh*. Why when I look at the Oscars I feel like its no farther along than 1967 and that movie "Get Out" is the 2017 version

of "Guess Who's Coming To Dinner"?

Posted - March 4, 2018

Responses

Uh...what are you talking about?  What is your question? Who is Oscar?
      March 4, 2018 6:30 PM MST

I don't know anything about "Get Out" but I did enjoy "Guess Who" with Ashton Kusher which is what I was told the updated version of "Guess Who's Coming to Dinner". I don't know if it got any Oscars though. It was to funny to get one.
      March 4, 2018 7:07 PM MST

Both are about an interracial couple's interaction with a bigoted society starting with her family. Nothing's changed, nothing new but the calendar year.
      March 4, 2018 9:51 PM MST

Your mistake was looking at them.  It never even crossed my mind to turn on the program.  We can read what movies won which awards if we are really interested.  There is no good reason to have to hear and/or see the bull**** that the show has become.   And seriously, the show has made sure that the actual awards are no longer meaningful other than to the people who go to see the show.  They think everyone cares, but alas, they are wrong again. This post was edited by my2cents at March 5, 2018 4:37 AM MST
      March 5, 2018 1:09 AM MST

OMG i USED TO LOVE THE OSCARS.....

it was a big night for me.....I'd turn my phone off, get snacks ready, etc. and settle down...........even write down all the winners, in EVERY category!!!!!

NOW?  I just DVR it and watch a little at a time.

GONE are the fabulous stars we used to have......hey, I'm 76 & remember that wonderful 'golden era' of Hollywood!!!

I'd wait in suspense to see what HUGE STAR WOULD BE GIVING the award for Best Picture........remember once it was Jennifer Jones!!  one year it was Loretta Young!!!!!! 

holy cow!!!

NOW?  well, they're 'stars' in the present time, but none with that shimmering, sparkling CHARISMA LIKE those old-timers had!!!!!!!!

- sigh - 

and the politicization is SOOOOOOO tiring........last year it was this thing, this year it's that.

so why in the HELL didn't HOllywood recognize black writers/directors/actors years ago?  oh well.........

but no, the GLAMOUR IS GONE....from Hollywood..........

now it's like the leftover tinsel on last year's Xmas tree!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sure miss you, Old Hollywood..........sure miss you, great old time stars!!...........miss you, well, just everything!!!!!!!

and

- SIGH - again!!!!!!!!

March 6, 2018 9:11 AM MST