Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Are all animals to be eaten?

Are all animals to be eaten?

Not my idea of their role but this as told to me.

Posted - March 5, 2018

Responses

Well, I am not going to do it.  If they are eaten by the rest of the animal kingdom, fine by me.  Death is very small to me.  It is over and you are dead.  You will go through another doorway, I believe.   You will shed your physical garment and what is left is all you ever were.

So, I cannot be too concerned about life and death, but I will not kill anything that has feelings.   That can feel pain.   That I know CAN feel pain.

Not doing that.  I do eat seafood.  I am not sure if there is much in the way of pain endured by the creatures of the sea, but I am pretty sure it would be better to forsake this habit of mine.  I think it is good for me, so I am going to continue on, but I know that I probably would be just as healthy without it.

Chimera Fish

March 5, 2018 9:25 PM MST

Somewhere lost in the halls of history there is a story about a French guy who ate poisonous spiders because they tasted like strawberries. He died prematurely. Something he ate bit him.
      March 6, 2018 3:48 AM MST

There are quite a lot of poisonous animals. It is a fine defense mechanism for a species, Imposing a purposeful selection against animals the eat such insects. Many kinds of fish and reptiles also use that strategy.
      March 6, 2018 5:22 AM MST

I think so because even when they die of other causes, they would be eaten by scavengers or decomposed by other organisms. Nature has a way of not letting anything go to waste.
      March 6, 2018 6:30 AM MST

Aye, indeed.
      March 7, 2018 12:41 AM MST

• After the global flood, Jehovah God gave noah certain instructions as found in the book of genesis: "God went on to bless noah and his sons and to say to them: "be fruitful and become many and fill the earth. A fear of you and a terror of you will continue upon every living creature of the earth and upon everything that moves on the ground and upon all the fish of the sea. They are now given into your hand. Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you. Just as i gave you the green vegetation, i give them all to you. Only flesh with its life - its blood you must not eat." (Genesis 9:1-4)
      March 7, 2018 9:14 PM MST

Most animals can be eaten by some species. Humans have different ideas about what s acceptable meat. Chinese love dog meat and I have heard they have eaten rats. We Japanese love liv lobsters and shrimp. Koreans swallow baby squid whole. Scottish haggis sounds terrible to me.
      April 8, 2018 12:13 PM MDT