Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » I sense there has always been a seething undercurrent of discontent up there. But what change has occurred to explain this marked departure?

I sense there has always been a seething undercurrent of discontent up there. But what change has occurred to explain this marked departure?

'Politicians, law enforcement experts, academics and community members have gathered in Ottawa for the Summit on Gun and Gang Violence to discuss a troubling increase in gun-related incidents and gang activity in Canada.

The summit is being hosted by Public Safety Minister Ralph Goodale, who in November announced the federal government would be spending $327.6 million over five years on anti-gun and gang initiatives, and $100 million annually thereafter.

"We're seeing young males resorting to the use of firearms where they hadn't in the past," said Inspector Mark Patterson of the Ottawa Police Service's guns and gangs unit.'

- so is this, and other indicators of late, signs that humanity is progressing, or retrogressing? Maybe it is just part of a recurring cycle.

Posted - March 7, 2018

Responses

Somehow I came up $4117.00 short for m tuition this semester which is now due March 21.  This is the first I became aware of it.  Oh wow, help! 
      March 7, 2018 2:48 PM MST

HUH? 
      March 7, 2018 2:49 PM MST

If I don't pay I won't get credit for the classes I am taking now. I thought the loans came in and automatically paid for everything.  apparently there was no loan money that came in this semester.  OMG  totally different than the pell grants i guess.  
      March 7, 2018 2:55 PM MST

OHHHH

That's a shame.  I am undergoing the same thing here in the USA but I knew I was going to have to pay some of it back. 
      March 7, 2018 2:58 PM MST

I have to pay all of it back which I intended to do after graduation, when I start working.   Right now I am so close to graduation. There must be a mistake, I'll call tomorrow. 
      March 7, 2018 3:05 PM MST

After thinking it over: I think it might be a sign that I'm supposed to stop and do something else.  
    If God was in it this would not happen.  
    This post was edited by Sunshine at March 7, 2018 4:41 PM MST
      March 7, 2018 3:07 PM MST

Canada?

I have time for Canada now?

We are drowning in America with the Loch Ness Monster.

March 7, 2018 2:48 PM MST

• America's guns are flowing over to Canada.  We're Canada's Mexico.

edit:  *into This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 14, 2018 12:10 AM MDT
      March 7, 2018 2:52 PM MST

Truly sad to read how Canada has changed. I have fond memories of visiting in the summer with my family. We vacationed in Victoria island. I look forward to a time as bible prophecy indicates all violence will end and not just Canada will be rid of crime, but the entire planet. (Psalms 37:9-11)
      March 14, 2018 12:07 AM MDT