Discussion » Questions » Business » Tell me what is the greatest thing and the worst thing that will happen with teachers arming themselves? Greatest? 0 Non-greatest?

Tell me what is the greatest thing and the worst thing that will happen with teachers arming themselves? Greatest? 0 Non-greatest?

Posted - March 8, 2018

Responses

• The worst that could happen is they'll get even greedier and start shooting the kids just to get a raise.
      March 8, 2018 9:57 AM MST

The greatest thing is that it will scare the kids who want to cause trouble.
    And the worst thing is that the teacher may shoot the kids that want to cause trouble.
      March 8, 2018 10:35 AM MST

No.  That is NOT close to the worst.

That is what we can imagine.  That is how it would start.

It would not scare one kid who is nuts.  They are NUTS. They don't worry who has a gun. 

And if the teacher kills the kid who is starting trouble, that is the idea.  Isn't it?

But the worst thing is a teacher is given the CHOICE to DECIDE who the bad kids ARE.  We already know what teachers who are unhinged already do to students in the form of bullying.  Imagine one with a gun who shoots first and tells a story later.

Like the police and black people.  Kids are the new oppressed.
      March 8, 2018 11:04 AM MST

That is what I meant to say you just said it better.
      March 8, 2018 11:24 AM MST

Well, I am riffing off of you and Pea.   You guys know more than I do on this one.
      March 8, 2018 11:25 AM MST

...or another student will become familiar with where a teacher may have an unsecured gun and use it!

March 8, 2018 11:30 AM MST

We may hear of that happening a lot.
      March 8, 2018 11:35 AM MST

I'm sure of it.  
      March 8, 2018 11:52 AM MST

My answer disappeared so I will try again. Greatest thing...none
    Worst thing...a whacko student could overpower a teacher and take their gun. This post was edited by Element 99 at March 8, 2018 1:43 PM MST
      March 8, 2018 1:42 PM MST

Many years ago I spoke to a young man at one of my new accounts once a week.  After a couple of months he began to tell me how he lost his entire middle finger.  Someone gave him a gun to hold,
    he stuck is middle finger in the barrel and it became stuck, really stuck.  In a panic he tried to shake the gun off his hand and it went off.  Bye bye middle finger.  You just never know what some people will do given the chance. 
      March 8, 2018 7:05 PM MST