Active Now

Reverend Muhammadovsky
Element 99
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Celebrities » So will Dennis Rodman be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize ?

So will Dennis Rodman be awarded the Nobel Peace Prize ?

Only two people have met both Trump and Kim Jong Un. One is Dennis Rodman.
by Amy B Wang March 9 at 12:20 PM Email the author
3:39
Here's how North Korean coal turns into Russian coal

In the summer of 2017, the U.N. banned all North Korean coal exports, but Kim Jong Un's regime was able to trick its adversaries into accepting deliveries. (Joby Warrick, Jason Aldag/The Washington Post)

In another bizarre twist in modern politics, former NBA player Dennis Rodman is praising President Trump after the White House announced Trump had agreed to meet with North Korean leader Kim Jong Un for talks by the end of May.

“Well done President Trump,” Rodman told The Washington Post in a statement through his agent. “You're on the way to a historical meeting no U.S. president has ever done. I'm looking forward to bringing more basketball diplomacy to North Korea in the upcoming months. Please send my regards to Marshall Kim Jong-un and his family.”

In recent years, the 56-year-old former power forward has made several trips to North Korea to meet with Kim to bring what he calls “basketball diplomacy” to the isolated Asian country. Rodman has also been heavily criticized for building rapport with a man widely considered to be a cruel dictator rather than using his visits to push for the release of Americans held captive in North Korea.

Rodman has maintained that he is not a diplomat. “Well, that's not my purpose right now,” Rodman told reporters in June as he was embarking on his most recent trip to North Korea. “My purpose is to go over there and try to see if I can keep bringing sports to North Korea.”

Posted - March 9, 2018

Responses

• I'm sure he'll be a receiver of some fashion. :P
      March 9, 2018 6:03 PM MST

One word.  WHY? 

March 9, 2018 9:36 PM MST

• not a clue
      March 10, 2018 5:11 AM MST

Equal chance he might be awarded an invitation to brief Trump before the president meets his buddy.
    The world is a circus, lol. This post was edited by O-uknow at March 9, 2018 6:17 PM MST
      March 9, 2018 6:17 PM MST

True dat.

March 9, 2018 8:32 PM MST

March 10, 2018 3:19 AM MST