Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Have you ever experience Sleep Paralysis?

Have you ever experience Sleep Paralysis?

I have experienced sleep paralysis multiple times but I try not to make it seem it's exactly what I have because I haven't gotten a diagnosis but I have the symptoms. Anyways, this afternoon I was feeling fatigue and sleepy so I took a short nap but during the nap I felt as if I was being pinned down now usually I would try to wiggle my big toe (it wakes me up) and splash some cold water to wake myself up a little but I was so darn tired and my lazy butt when back to sleep and in the middle of it I felt the covers on my bed being pulled back and scared me a little. I never saw monsters or demons like some people say from their experience.

I had the same dream I think twice or three times. I was in some kind of outdoosy area and I was walking into the woods.
gif

Posted - March 15, 2018

Responses

I have.  I have not recently but when I was younger I would go through waking up and not really being awake and finding myself aware but paralyzed, yes.

March 15, 2018 7:21 PM MDT

• This has been happening me for years I'm not sure when it started for me but it might have been when I was around my mid to late teens and as much as I like napping sometimes this makes me scared to sleep
      March 15, 2018 7:24 PM MDT

It only happens to me when I smoke weed.
      March 15, 2018 7:32 PM MDT

• XD
      March 15, 2018 7:49 PM MDT

What is XD...I AM A BOOMER. LOLOLOL.
      March 15, 2018 7:56 PM MDT

• A face. It's an old school version of this face This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at March 15, 2018 8:17 PM MDT
      March 15, 2018 8:14 PM MDT

• only when I sleep on my back. That’s why I don’t sleep on my back. It used to scare me but now I can recognize when it’s happening and stay calm. I have auditory hallucinations but not visual because I usually am unable to open my eyes.
      March 15, 2018 7:36 PM MDT

• I was sleeping on my back today and I think I read about another position that triggers it.
      March 15, 2018 7:48 PM MDT

I have experienced them too.  I swear I will hear someone talking to me or someone in the next room.  It's only as I am waking.  Strange thing.
      March 15, 2018 10:22 PM MDT

I don't know if I've actually had sleep paralysis or if those were just dreams where I did have sleep paralysis. Those dreams are so realistic I can't tell if it was just a nightmare or if my brain really did have a huge freakout. I never see anything scary, I hear loud sounds and feel an overwhelming fear.
      March 15, 2018 10:08 PM MDT

Yes! I used to have this happen to me when I was younger.  Scary as all heck.  You are aware you are coming out of a sleep, but have no ability to even open an eyelid.  It can be a terrifying few moments.  
      March 15, 2018 10:20 PM MDT

• Yes, I experience from time to time, usually if I'm sleeping on my back. It's unpleasant, but I don't think it bothers me as much as it does other people. 
      March 16, 2018 11:50 AM MDT