Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Entertainment » HAVE YOU EVER SEEN YOUR PROFESSION OR LINE OF WORK

HAVE YOU EVER SEEN YOUR PROFESSION OR LINE OF WORK

portrayed in a movie?

was it done correctly, or did you roll your eyes at how stupid it was portrayed?

I'm a retired hairdresser and get a huge kick out of seeing someone 'doing hair' usually it's just moving some hair around or constantly fluffing it up with a comb, etc........hilarious!!!

So I'm really interested to hear from the rest of you!!!

come on, don't be bashful!!!!!!!!

Posted - August 6, 2016

Responses

Frequently. Programmers ans computers are popular subjects.

One of the more eye.rolling examples was in the movie "Armageddon" where the nerd/hero just needed to look at the alien computer for about 10 minutes before he had understood and reverse engineered it enough to hack into it and retrieve (and understand) the alien data he wanted ;-))

August 6, 2016 12:50 PM MDT

Many times. 

I always catch many movie mistakes when it comes to courtroom scenes.  

August 6, 2016 1:24 PM MDT

Of course.  I have seen good massage in movies.

I know what you mean though.  There are so many stupid ideas floating around in the movies. And old TV programs are the funniest. 
    Doctors operating with all kinds of ridiculous happenings involved and POLICE?  I mean is there any accurate police movies?

There is ALWAYS a star that is anti-rules that drives the captain nuts but the captain cannot fire him because he is so DAMNED good and better than anyone else at solving cases.  When is this going to get OLD already?  Dirty Harry, Eddie Murphy's stupid character in Beverly Hills Cop 1,2,3, 4, ....  The Mentalist, McCloud.  The list goes on and on and on.

And don't forget Captain Video that is realistic.

August 6, 2016 1:38 PM MDT

• "Yes, I have."  
    "No, it wasn't done correctly."

Disclaimer: The objective of most movies are to be entertaining, not educational. Most jobs are not entertaining to watch and the finer points, of most professions, are lost to the layman's eyes anyway.  So they use what is called "artistic license" and it's over-used and here to stay. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at October 8, 2016 12:53 PM MDT
      October 8, 2016 12:52 PM MDT

• I have indeed.  There's an entire series of 'reality' programmes on it.

They're all mostly rubbish.  But see ALF's answer for the disclaimer.  :)
      October 8, 2016 12:59 PM MDT