Active Now

my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Relationships » I agree that we should make love not war, but isn't love kind of dangerous also? Until you understand it that is.

I agree that we should make love not war, but isn't love kind of dangerous also? Until you understand it that is.

What I'm trying to say is that war is horrible because it makes people kill other people, but isn't falling in love a little dangerous too because it can make people kill themselves?
I bet broken hearts have caused a lot of deaths.
If you live through it then hopefully you have a better understanding of relationships for the next time, but some don't make it.

Anyway, I saw this picture and thought "Love can be dangerous too."

Do you agree or has life just been nothing but a love filled bed of roses for you?
Thanks.

Posted - March 17, 2018

Responses

War and love can be hellish, but true love (supposedly) is a many splendored thing...  This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at March 18, 2018 12:20 PM MDT
      March 17, 2018 6:39 PM MDT

Thank you. I couldn't help but notice that you said "Supposedly."
    Are you skeptical about love?
    I feel like love is real, but the idea of "Happily ever after" may not be.
    I just don't know for sure yet. This post was edited by Summer at March 17, 2018 8:18 PM MDT
      March 17, 2018 6:49 PM MDT

Urban Dictionary: All is Fair in Love and War...
    Nothing is out of bounds when it comes to love and war. The rules of hard play are acceptable in war. In someones eye's "all is fair in love and war" in other words, in a war between love and hate, anything is acceptable or fair.

The only two areas of life in which you can be forgiven for doing anything are love and war. For example, if someone kills one of their relatives on the battlefield, it is more acceptable than murder usually. Similarly, stealing a friend's lover is seen as more acceptable if you love them, instead of say, just wanting them for money.
      March 18, 2018 12:44 PM MDT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ipJ2P8duaY

It had to be you helping her.  :  )  :  )  thank you!!!!!
    This post was edited by Sunshine at March 17, 2018 6:53 PM MDT
      March 17, 2018 6:48 PM MDT

I'm not sure exactly what you're talking about, but if it's what I think it is then you're welcome?
    I like to help her, she is my friend.
    Thanks.
      March 17, 2018 6:56 PM MDT

It is good for people to have friends. 
      March 18, 2018 6:38 AM MDT

I agree.
    I need a friend at times as well so it's good to have support.
    Thanks.
      March 18, 2018 8:53 AM MDT

I was going to say it's harmless, so long as you think of "making love" as either just SEX or the kind of love that doesn't make people nuts (like how you love your family or your dog). Then I remembered STDs... so yeah, I guess that can be dangerous, too. 

I guess the only solution is to be sure to use protection... for your parts and for your heart. 

March 17, 2018 6:52 PM MDT

Well said.
    Once you know what people are really like it's easier to not expect so much, I guess? LoL!
    That sounds sad.
    Unfortunately it's kind of true though. Either that or just give up all together.
    I think people can continue loving totally and completely with all of their hearts, but they should keep a little common sense in the back of their minds and learn when it's time to let go.
    I think dealing with a broken heart just takes practice.
    It's probably kind of like getting punched in the face. The first time is probably shocking and you're not ready for it, but after you've survived a fight the next time you can probably take it and not only that, but swing back.
    So that's my analogy for love. LoL!
    Thank you. : )

March 17, 2018 7:06 PM MDT

Probably a good analogy. 

You're welcome. 
      March 18, 2018 8:54 AM MDT

Good point, Sav. All sex is not loving or lovable or love-related, and all love is not sexy or sexual or sex-related. 
    ~
      March 17, 2018 7:20 PM MDT

How old are you?
      March 18, 2018 1:44 AM MDT

Oops! Here I can help you.
    See this is where people answer my question.
    If you want to post a question just scroll up to the top of your screen and select a category. Then click on the red button that says "Ask a question."
    I hope that was helpful.
    Thanks. :

March 18, 2018 3:42 AM MDT

This is a social site.  That means conversations.  That's a big word but you can look it up.
      March 18, 2018 12:16 PM MDT

I'm all for conversations as long as they at least have something to do with the question.

March 18, 2018 3:35 PM MDT

Ask a question and you get the response you get.  That's life on Q&A sites. 
      March 18, 2018 9:02 PM MDT

nah it's wonderful it's only dangerous when misuse and misguided
      March 18, 2018 8:04 AM MDT

Thank you
    Your response gives me hope.
    Have you experienced both a misguided relationship and a wonderful relationship?

This post was edited by Summer at March 18, 2018 9:02 AM MDT
      March 18, 2018 8:59 AM MDT

• I agree.  Now gimme kiss. :P

March 18, 2018 8:13 AM MDT

You agree, but you choose to live dangerously and pursue love.
    I respect that.
    Thank you for your response. : )
      March 18, 2018 8:56 AM MDT

Even when we DO understand it!  That actually was our "call to arms" in the 1970s when the Vietnam War was still going ( and even after it was "over") and we tried to makes sex as simple and as inevitable as shaking hands.  Which of course it never was because of biology and feelings - gosh darn how they got in the way! And then the girls we saw as being "hung up" because more careful were all in relatively stable relationships while we had only acquired costly, if wonderful,  habits. Love can be dangerous and lead to broken relationships and severed friendships often despite the best of intentions. 
      March 18, 2018 9:16 AM MDT

That's very true.
    Love can be great and it can lead to problems and it can probably be both great and a problem in some situations.
    It's quite complicated and ever changing. Which is why I wonder if it's really meant to last or if that's only in certain situations with certain people?
    Thank you for sharing.
      March 18, 2018 3:43 PM MDT