Discussion » Questions » Business » Are you terrified of the Wal-Mart?

Are you terrified of the Wal-Mart?

Posted - August 6, 2016

Responses

SO HORRIBLE.

I worked there.  I hated the grocery store portion of this place.  As a customer?  Wonderful.  But as a cashier?  It is a nightmare.  I just let everyone through because I did not give  a CRAP.  But, I was seasonal.  I was not looking to be tortured long-term.  They expect you to keep the line moving and PROVE all this.   Sure.

I pretty much take the customer's word for it.  Like WHO cares? 

You cannot believe some of these cashiers going insane to prove the customer is trying to pull a fast one with fake tales of lower sales.

SO WHAT?  Give them the food and let them keep their 2 cents a freaking pound for the zucchini

GOD so petty.

But, besides that?  I like the grocery store. 

They now have an app where you can go in and put your receipt into the scan and get your savings with a coupon.

Less torture for the cashier, until they come in and try and do the claim in the receipt items, but that is the problem of customer service then.  That is the WORST job in the place.

If you take back something they dispute?  You are in deep doo doo.

August 7, 2016 1:49 PM MDT

Great point.  But kind of a baseless rumor down here.  We have mostly well-dressed clientele. Because?  Wal-Mart has semi-decent (if not that well-constructed) clothes, so mom and dad and kids can look stylin every day.  That is GREAT. 

I mean, who cares about durablility these days?  No one seems to wear clothes past a few seasons anymore.  (I do, but I know how to STYLE)

August 7, 2016 1:52 PM MDT

Are you in TX? Maybe it's because I have a habit of going there really late to avoid all the crowds. I've seen some... interesting people at the one closest to me. lol

I actually don't mind the clothes for my kid. He grows so fast though, I admit most of the shorts and t-shirts I've purchased for him in years prior, I got at the salvation army. But I've tried the wal-mart stuff too here and there. I haven't found pricey clothing to be of greater quality in all honesty.

August 7, 2016 4:40 PM MDT