Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
Shuhak
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » CAMBRIDGE ANALYTICA created a web of misinformation and targeted 50 million FB pawns to benefit donjohn. Where YOU used too?

CAMBRIDGE ANALYTICA created a web of misinformation and targeted 50 million FB pawns to benefit donjohn. Where YOU used too?

FAKE stories and FAKE blogs were directed at those who were deemed to be particularly gullible and recptive. How gullbiel/receptive are you to fake news if it agrees with you want to be true? How manipulatable are you? How eager are you to believe the worst of those you dislike so that you will believe ANYTHING negative no matter how absurd? Have you been had? How d'ya know?

Posted - March 19, 2018

Responses

Nope, I get my news from news sources, Fox, CSPAN, CNN, MSNBC...never FB or any other social media or things like SNL or the Daily Show.
    I would love to actually see an example of fake news in Trumps favor that supposedly changed one single vote...I have searched and have not found anything.
    Please post a link if you find anything.  This post was edited by my2cents at March 19, 2018 10:49 AM MDT
      March 19, 2018 10:47 AM MDT

I am on face book and it's easy to see why they targeted people on there.
    There are a lot of dingbats that get sucked in to the lies that they are told.
    I don't pay any attention to the adds or blogs about politics on FB. I go there to chat with friends and that is about it for me.
      March 19, 2018 1:59 PM MDT

I've never been interested in or drawn to FB Lulu'sMom. I think of it as a HUGE Christmas Letter that tells you everything about everyone constantly updated with pictures. Lotsa folks' cuppa tea for sure but not for me. But I tell ya my friend that to find out that there are such organizations whose only purpose it is to sway elections shocks me. These folks infiltrated FB  and by some means found 50 million gullible folks whose interactions they tracked to see which ones would be susceptible to lies and they targeted them with lies about the folks they wanted to tarnish/taint. And these FB users bought it hook line and sinker and they'd share the phony baloney "news" . Phony blogs. Phony people. Phony everything with but a singular purpose. To sway an election and elect a doofylucy.  To manipulate people into believing lies. I'm sure they got paid zillions of dollars.  You can't trust anyone I guess. I mean when I meet folks on the internet I take them at face value and we click or we don't. I feel comfy with some folks and don't put up any guardrails because I "trust" them. What if I'm just being played? What if that person  isn't a person at all but part of huge fraud? Of course I dunno but it's depressing as he** to know that people make a living  by doing that. And it's very depressing that an election can be predetermined and not really what the people would have done had they not been completely brainwashed into believing lies. SIGH. Thank you for your reply Lulu'sMom and Happy First Day of Spring Tuesday! :)
      March 20, 2018 2:00 AM MDT

• All of that crap was a page out of the Obama playbook. They used to brag about doing the same. " Data Mining." Anyone that goes to a social site for "facts" on anything that matters is truly in dire straits. 
      March 19, 2018 2:11 PM MDT