Active Now

Gino LOLobrigida
Discussion » Questions » Death and Dying » 100 years from now we will all be dead, as will our children and probably our grandchildren. (Mine will be)

100 years from now we will all be dead, as will our children and probably our grandchildren. (Mine will be)

Do you think four generations from now you will be remembered?

Posted - March 22, 2018

Responses

I'll be a name on a piece of paper or in ancestry.com, nothing more.
    No one will know the deep love and concern I have for them. 
    They will not know how I wish I could have made some kind of difference in their lives for the better. 
    I wonder what they will look like.
    This post was edited by . at March 23, 2018 9:33 AM MDT
      March 22, 2018 4:01 PM MDT

Since I don't have any grandchildren the buck stops here.
    My son and I will both be gone and so will anyone who would remember us.
      March 22, 2018 4:07 PM MDT

I won't be remembered at all.  I have no progeny and will probably be dead within 20 years.  
      March 22, 2018 4:42 PM MDT

Quite possibly. One or more of my grandchildren may still be alive 100 years from now, given that at least one of them hasn't been born yet (my daughter-in-law is pregnant). I did know one great-grandmother slightly, she passed away when I was ten years old. Both of my kids knew one of their great-grandmothers quite well, she only passed a few years ago (my wife's maternal grandmother).
    Five generations? No chance. 
      March 22, 2018 4:47 PM MDT

Of course I'll be remembered. With today's technology and social media, my descendants will be able to view my photos, watch videos, and know precisely what I ate everyday. You can't go BACK four generations and do that. 
      March 22, 2018 7:13 PM MDT

5 generations are alive in my family. From my Grandma to my grandchildren. (For 4 yrs now) Grandma just turned 99.
    She has been a Great Great Grandma for at least 20 yrs though. 
    So I believe some of my grandchildren will be around in 100 yrs. I have two kids who don't have any kids and probably will not for at least 5-10 yrs.
      March 22, 2018 8:34 PM MDT

Unless you are famous or have written a well published book, composed a famous song, or painted a masterpiece, I would say we would be forgotten 100 years from now.  
      March 22, 2018 9:53 PM MDT

I am betting that 100 years from now there will be coffee table books with excerpts from the internet, and my name will be remembered because many of those exerpts will be from posts I wrote
      March 23, 2018 2:01 AM MDT

My hope for the future as indicated in the bible, is that world conditions will be completely different. One hundred years from now obedient mankind will have survived the end of the existing system of things. (1john 2:17) one hundred years from now the world will be experiencing an era most today don't believe can exist. The Lord Jesus Christ will have begun his millennial reign and conditions here on earth will be in the process of transforming earth to a global paradise. (Revelation 21:3-5) inhabitants/citizens of this new world will never experience aging nor sickness. (Isaiah 65:21-25) so one hundred years from now i by the grace of God Almighty will have survived the end of this old world, enjoying life to the fullest here on earth surrounded by my loved ones.
      March 26, 2018 11:35 PM MDT