Active Now

Shuhak
Spunky
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Emotions » Was it funny or embarassing?

Was it funny or embarassing?

In december 2013 when i just turned 13 and went to my village Falakata in west Bengal state of india my aunts and cousins all younger than me asked me shake hand and press their palms as they wanted to see my strength. When i pressed it pained for all of them and told me that i became very strong. Then my grandpa came to take me for a walk. I also pressed his palm like that but it didnt pain for him and he pressed my palm and it pained and i screamed. He was 62 that time. His hands r strong as he is a carpenter in Falakata. 

Posted - April 5, 2018

Responses

What is pressing a hand?

What does that even mean?

It's not funny. It's not embarrassing. It's totally confusing. 

WHAT????
      April 5, 2018 11:42 PM MDT

No while doing a shake hand we press palm for fun to see whether we r strong or not
      April 6, 2018 12:09 AM MDT

It is usually called "squeezing the hand". Some people do it and consider it a 'quick comparing strength', most people do not do it at all. I was a windsurfer in younger days, and holding on to the sail while lots of wind tried to tear it out of my hands gave me the ability to grip very tightly, That showed me the futility of such hand squeezing. it proves nothing except muscular strength and technique. Intelligence and polite social behaviour is a thousand times more important. in any civilized society. This post was edited by JakobA the unAmerican. at April 6, 2018 11:50 AM MDT
      April 6, 2018 6:05 AM MDT

It's a stupid contest.

Besides, there are pressure points on the hand that are far more effective for causing pain, than pressing/squeezing the hand.
      April 6, 2018 11:51 AM MDT