Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Books and Literature » do you own any copies of obscure or peculiar books

do you own any copies of obscure or peculiar books

ive got a copy of the necronomicon, the picatrix and a few other books on black magic /renaissance magic. they are a pretty good conversation starter 

Posted - April 6, 2018

Responses

Yes, I have THAT BOOK! But you can't look at it!
      April 7, 2018 1:11 AM MDT

Indeed. I have a ninth edition (1922) copy of the 'Handbook of Chemistry and Physics'.
      April 7, 2018 7:00 AM MDT

• Yes, but my Grammar of Oscan and Umbrian is not as much of an attention-grabber :P
      April 7, 2018 9:27 AM MDT

A few, yes, oddity and strangeness have been a lifelong interest - hence my presence on this forum, of course. To name a few literary oddities in my collection: 'Folderol - For Medicinal Purposes Only'; 'Noises in the Attic'; 'ESP - Beyond Time and Distance'; 'The British Museum is Falling Down'; 'Salome Dear, Not In The Frig'; 'Step Into My Parlour'; 'Many Flies Have Feathers'; 'The Essential Spike Milligan'; 'ffoulkes Fanfare'; 'Monster Rally'; etc. Some of these titles, probably most, have been out of print for some time.    This post was edited by Stemmata949 at June 28, 2018 8:25 AM MDT
      June 27, 2018 3:24 PM MDT