Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » With no one ever telling you that you are wrong and you feeling only lips on your butt how will you ever realize what is right?

With no one ever telling you that you are wrong and you feeling only lips on your butt how will you ever realize what is right?

Posted - April 13, 2018

Responses

They never will unless they distant them self...  We have a hubristic POTUS.

Hubris and the danger of leaders with extreme self-regard.  Another one rises?

On the other side of the Atlantic, it is easy to see how the potential hazards of extreme self-regard could be playing out in the US. The billionaire businessman and president-elect, Donald Trump, already displayed palpable signs of hubris in the speech in which he declared his intention to seek nomination in June 2016. In it he uttered a total of 257 references to himself (compared to a mere seven mentions of “America” or “American”) including: “I’m really rich”, “I’m proud of my net worth”, “I’ve done an amazing job”, “I beat China all the time — all the time”, “Rebuild the country’s infrastructure? Nobody can do that like me”, and so on.    https://theconversation.com/hubris-and-the-danger-of-leaders-with-extreme-self-regard-71548 This post was edited by Beans/SilentGeneration at April 13, 2018 10:29 PM MDT
      April 13, 2018 10:23 PM MDT

I manage.  ;)
      April 13, 2018 10:54 PM MDT

Well there are one or two people like that, and I don't think they have a clue about right and wrong, having always been spoiled and bailed out all their life. They take no responsibility for their own actions.

April 14, 2018 11:35 AM MDT