Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Friday there was another national walkout of teens protesting the same thing as before. To what end?

Friday there was another national walkout of teens protesting the same thing as before. To what end?

What has Congress done so far?

Posted - April 21, 2018

Responses

The students are really dedicated and united so the end will be when they make changes in the gun laws and or they can feel safe in the class rooms. On Friday there was another school shooting so I figure Congress has done nothing but talk. I figure the sad part is most of that talk was about how they can make it look like their doing something without hurting their bass and the NRA. Some of the talk was also about doing something that wouldn't cost a lot of money like having armed volunteer teaches in the class rooms. Couple of days ago a teacher left his sidearm in a public washroom before that a teacher accidently  discharged his sidearm in a class room and there was one other armed teacher incident (can't remember what it was about). So in less then a month there were 3 incidents that show arming teachers is not the answer to the problem. When Trump talked to the students he brought a memo that said I hear you - I don't think he did but other people did and there has been a few big retailers that raised the age  to buy guns so changes are happing and will continue to happen with or without Congress. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at April 21, 2018 10:59 AM MDT
      April 21, 2018 10:42 AM MDT

You know what is most exciting to me Nanoose? The kids are signing up to vote and  some of them will be old enough to vote in November. The pols should be terrified but they are too stupid dumb to figure out what is coming at them. Stupid dumb works for some. Not for thee or me or others like us. Thank you for your very thoughtful and informative reply m'dear! I appreciate the time you gave to replying to this question! :) ((hugs))
      April 21, 2018 10:49 AM MDT