Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Outside the Mug » If 'less is more', wouldn't none be best? This question was inspired by Rosie.

If 'less is more', wouldn't none be best? This question was inspired by Rosie.

Posted - April 26, 2018

Responses

Sometimes.  Not all less is mores would be better if reduced to none. 
      April 26, 2018 7:13 AM MDT

• "Nuns are the best!"

April 26, 2018 7:27 AM MDT

I smell a photoshop here, notice the 'extra' legs on the footrest in front of nuns 3 and 5.
      April 26, 2018 10:59 AM MDT

• Not photoshop.  Those are barstools in the shape of legs. Notice the grey cushions, at the top of the legs, just under the darker habits.  :))
      April 26, 2018 1:15 PM MDT

Then how do we explain no legs on the footrest before nuns 2 and 4 (and 1 but not sure what is seen there)
      April 26, 2018 5:02 PM MDT

•   April 26, 2018 5:14 PM MDT

Now that was convincing, Also I noticed (finally) that each stool have a flat plate on the floor to hold the 2 legs in position and provide better support.
      April 26, 2018 5:38 PM MDT

ALF!  I've only been on for a matter of moments and you already are cracking me up!  I DO know what you meant and that is sac-religiously hilarious!  I've gotta go, of course... but thanks for a true giggle for the mere moments I was able to come back!! 
    You still Got It! 
    Love and Hugs!
      April 26, 2018 5:11 PM MDT

• It's been toooo long, old  my friend.  :))
      April 26, 2018 5:20 PM MDT

• No need for photoshop, those are the manufactured legs of the barstools IMO
      April 26, 2018 11:17 AM MDT

• Correctamundo, Whitehair!  Just a clever photo that I found one day and decided to save for future enjoyment.
      April 26, 2018 1:19 PM MDT

I agree.
      April 26, 2018 7:48 AM MDT

Still, fashionable, yet sensible footwear. ;)
      April 27, 2018 5:38 PM MDT

• Less can very often be more, but None is questionable in many regards. None sounds lifeless to me. Unless there is an alcoholic who has to follow strictly the "None", None is never the best.
      April 26, 2018 8:48 AM MDT

It is suppose to be a silly question based on something Rosie's mother said. I tried to post it here, but for some reason my response and her response to me disappeared.
      April 26, 2018 9:13 AM MDT

Hi Element ~ Big smiles... "It's been a while"... Bigger smiles and glad to be back for a moment.  With Bigger winks and smiles and not to promote any anger or degree of argument but rather a happy smile and wink back, I would like to propose that "while" is suggesting a time of absence, (on my behalf) and make a conclusion and fact that I have not been here for a "while," which shows representation of "none" but does conclude my answer to you and Rosie (bless her soul,... hi Rosie!) as no.
    I just wanted to see if you could get through that whole sentence without mentally breathing. Big Giggles! 
    Hi Element!~  My answer is still No.  It is all relative. 

Love ya and Hi to Rosie and Randy, who might pop in and see, if indeed, that was a complete sentence.  
    Big giggles and love and hugs! :) :)  

Love,
    Merlin
    :) :) This post was edited by Merlin at April 28, 2018 2:25 PM MDT
      April 26, 2018 4:36 PM MDT

• No problem, Merlin. I sure would express myself differently in this matter, because I would not be so sure to trample on anyones feet. Second language can do that easily
      April 26, 2018 4:49 PM MDT

Being as charming and knowledgeable as you are, no matter how many languages you speak, most of the female gender would excuse you from trampling toes, dancing on their feet, or walking in their shoes.  Have a great day!  I'm off again... but only for a "little while" this time!  ;) :)  Take Care!
      April 26, 2018 5:08 PM MDT

Hello, dear. Wait...are you saying less of you here is more? Noooooooooooo.
      April 28, 2018 2:29 PM MDT

Ahhh, Element, thank you.  You are too kind. ;)
    Were you tired of people drooling all over your shirtless body?  This new look is very confining for you, don't you think?  
    Hugs and Loves!
      April 28, 2018 7:24 PM MDT

Yeah...It was getting a bit hot and sweaty around here.
      April 29, 2018 6:09 AM MDT

You started with a conditional clause referring to quantity and then asked for a judgment on quality.

The function is undefined at an important point.
      April 26, 2018 7:22 PM MDT

• I think members of this forum are very well educated and imply that a very old great grandma from Germany must understand every hint and nook and cranny of the English language. Just tell me when I should hibernate again....
      April 28, 2018 2:39 PM MDT

Whitehair~ Please don't go into hibernation, Ever!  All the way around, you are a treat :)

As bizarre as this may seem, I like having people around who know how to speak and write the English Language.  I have become a little lazy over the years. 
    Sometimes I have love-affairs with commas and I am notorious for writing run-on sentences.  The humor about Randy, above, was a joke on me. Many people do not take the time to learn how to communicate correctly.  It's a shame.  I am a bit embarrassed when people correct me but appreciative. I do believe it is an asset having the ability to write and speak correctly.

O.K., now that sounded like an answer on a test paper.  That really isn't my style; however, I can do it. I have a nasty habit of writing as I speak.  This lends me to the over-usage of capitals, commas, and quotation marks.  I try to emphasize the drama. It's a despicable habit. Big winks and smiles and great to see you as always! :D! This post was edited by Merlin at June 17, 2018 9:06 AM MDT
      April 28, 2018 7:13 PM MDT