Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Ever admire a TV family and wish it were yours? Which and why?

Ever admire a TV family and wish it were yours? Which and why?

Posted - May 11, 2018

Responses

No...they live in fantasy worlds.
      May 11, 2018 10:30 AM MDT

What about Ozzie & Harriet Nelson Ele? The Nelson Family? Rick and David and Harriet and Ozzie? They were the real deal. Now of course some of the storylines or maybe all of them were fiction but the actors were totally real. George Burns and Gracie Allen were a real couple in real life. Though she may not have been as much of a dingbat as she was portrayed to be. Also Lucille Ball and Desi Arnaz. I think at one point her actual kids might have been in an episode but in a subsequent series. Not the original one with Desi. Lucy Jr and Desi Jr. I may be wrong on that score.  I think Desi Jr became a priest or something. He became very spiritual from what I read. Lucy Jr. married a Broadway actor...Larry something I think. Don't know if they are still married. Thank you for your reply! :)
      May 12, 2018 6:14 AM MDT

• Speaking as one who has done comedy for many years in local community theater venues, I wonder what it was like for George Burns to be the straight man for one of the truly gifted geniuses of the industry? There is an apocryphal saying attributed to many people over the years that goes like this: There's plenty of talent in this family: My wife has all of it!" Say goodnight Gracie. Sure George, goodnight Gracie!
      May 12, 2018 6:25 AM MDT