Active Now

Thebigd
Discussion » Statements » Rosie's Corner » Excluding your own, which wedding was the most memorably beautiful wedding you ever attended?

Excluding your own, which wedding was the most memorably beautiful wedding you ever attended?

Posted - May 19, 2018

Responses

Cousin's son born in US but now in UK, married his Japanese fiancee at a Scottish Castle. He insisted on the Scots wearing kilts and a couple of intrepid Japanese fellows joined in. The Japanese lassies were of course resplendent in their kimonos.  
      May 19, 2018 10:45 AM MDT

Oh my goodness Malizz I am visualizing it as if it were in a movie! That is a splendid resplendent experience to have had. Were bagpipes played too? I mean what's the point of the kilts without bagpipers? Thank you for sharing that m'dear. I hope the couple is very happy and stays that way forever after...as in happily ever after! :)
      May 20, 2018 4:21 AM MDT

Naturally they had a piper. Still together after 15 years... 
      May 20, 2018 5:39 AM MDT

That is great. The first few years are the toughest. You learn to adjust and accept and hopefully your partner learns to adjust and accept and you both focus on the love and what brought you together in the first place. One piper or more? Thank you for your reply Malizz! :)
      May 20, 2018 6:17 AM MDT

That would be the outdoors wedding of someone I worked with some years ago.  We had to walk up a small mountain to get to the site but the view was spectacular.  And they exchanged quite flowery vows they wrote themselves all about love and beauty and commitment.  Her husband worked for a small town department of public works.  After a few years and one child she became weary of being poor and moved back to the town where she grew up and married the son of the town's most wealthy family. 
      May 20, 2018 6:00 AM MDT

Sounds beautiful og.  Thank you for sharing that memory. Too bad the magic didn't last.
      May 20, 2018 6:35 AM MDT