Active Now

Randy D
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Sports » What do you think of gymnast, Simone Biles at the Olympics? She's from the Houston area.

What do you think of gymnast, Simone Biles at the Olympics? She's from the Houston area.

She's been on the Houston news for about a year now. I've watched reports of her training and awards. What a talented young lady! Plus she smiles all the time!

Posted - August 10, 2016

Responses

Good luck to her.

August 10, 2016 6:45 PM MDT

• It is time for her to stop playing kids games and get a job.

August 10, 2016 8:09 PM MDT

She is very good. Especially with what she had to overcome having pitiful drug addicts for parents. Thank God that she had good grandparents who were able to step up and adopt her and her siblings. The seem like excellent parents.
    I hope she takes gold in the individual all around.
      August 10, 2016 9:15 PM MDT

Bless her heart... What a cute little thing. I bet she's one  fried chicken eating little jitterbug !

August 16, 2016 3:46 PM MDT

No  you gotta see this woman.  This is not a joke. She is the most amazing person ever.  Check her out. 

August 16, 2016 3:47 PM MDT

I've never seen anything like her. 

And I watch this event every time the Olympics are going on.

Simone Arianne Biles (born March 14, 1997)[4] is an American artistic gymnast. Biles is the 2016 Olympic individual all-around, vault and floor champion. She was also part of the gold medal winning team dubbed the "final five" at the 2016 Summer Olympics in Rio de Janeiro. Biles is a three-time world all-around champion (2013–15), three-time world floor champion (2013–15), two-time world balance beam champion (2014, 2015), four-time United States national all-around champion (2013–16), and a member of the gold medal-winning American teams at the 2014 and 2015 World Artistic Gymnastics Championships. With a combined total of nineteen Olympic and World Championship medals, Biles ranks as the most decorated gymnast in United States history (Shannon Miller held this record for 20 years). She is the first female gymnast since Vera Caslavska in 1968, Ludmilla Tourischeva in 1972, and Ecaterina Szabo in 1984 to win four Olympic gold medals; the first female gymnast since Larisa Latynina in 1960 to win a team, all around and an event final gold medal; the first female gymnast since Lilia Podkopayeva in 1996 to win an all around gold and an event final gold; the first female gymnast since Lilia Podkopayeva to win the Olympic all around gold as the reigning world champion; and the first gymnast to win every major all-around title in an Olympic cycle. She is also the first American gymnast ever to win the grand slam of all-around titles: U.S. National Championships, World Championships, World Cup (American Cup), and Olympics and the third woman overall, with the other two being Soviets Elena Shushunova and Ludmilla Tourischeva. Biles has tied the record of most medals won by an American gymnast in a single Olympics set by Shannon Miller in 1992 and Nastia Liukin in 2008. With four golds in the 2016 Olympics, she has set the U.S. mark for most gold medals in women’s gymnastics at a single Games.[5]
      August 16, 2016 3:47 PM MDT

She is from another planet. I have never seen another gymnast do what she has. The oopsie she had yesterday was unfortunate. Tonight I get to watch my former student Erik Kynard go for the gold in the high jump. He won silver in 2012.

August 16, 2016 3:50 PM MDT