Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Have you ever hitchhiked?

Have you ever hitchhiked?

Posted - June 2, 2018

Responses

Nope.  My thumb's still a virgin.  Besides, it's not very safe.  There're too many wacko's out there.
      June 2, 2018 2:53 PM MDT

Yes, more now a days then ever i think. ;)
      June 2, 2018 3:02 PM MDT

Never with strangers.....I much prefer to stay safe and only drive with people I know will keep their eyes on the road....   :)
      June 2, 2018 3:36 PM MDT

Many times from the Naval Base in Illinois to here in Toledo. Always in uniform, though. We participated in a ceremony in Grant Park in Chicago, and when finished, a buddy and I walked to the expressway, stuck out our thumbs, and immediately got a ride.
      June 2, 2018 5:31 PM MDT

No.  Once, my girlfriend and I (when 16 years old) were out in my mom's car and we saw two guys hitchhiking who we knew from the river where her family had a summer house.  They lived about 80 miles from where we lived.  We were surprised to see them so I pulled over and they hopped into the back seat.  THEY WERE NOT WHO WE THOUGHT THEY WERE.  We got tickled and wee weed a bit but these two guys were trying to get down town for a concert.  We were also going down town we I agreed they could ride.  I never said another word but my friend talked to them the whole time.  

I ended up marrying one of them.  I have never told my mother how I met my husband.  My girls love the story though!
      June 2, 2018 6:44 PM MDT

I used to hitch a ride quite a lot before I got my driver's license.  Thing were different in those days; it was shortly before they outlawed hitchhiking. 
      June 2, 2018 8:28 PM MDT

Yeah a few years ago I was stuck in France with no money. I hitchhiked 40 miles to the ferry port without being able to speak any French 
      June 3, 2018 3:40 AM MDT