Active Now

Malizz
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Education » Please someone with brains explain to me how Sara Huckabee can say to the American Public that she is an honest person?

Please someone with brains explain to me how Sara Huckabee can say to the American Public that she is an honest person?

Posted - June 5, 2018

Responses

Well, the general principle is probably that lying about being honest is typically an ability of a liar in the first place.

Can't really explain it though---I don't know if that "principle" is an axiom or a theorem.

You might seek more information here:  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pathological_lying This post was edited by tom jackson at June 5, 2018 11:22 PM MDT
      June 5, 2018 3:07 PM MDT

She's lying about not lying.  Of course.  Thanks TOM!!
      June 5, 2018 4:28 PM MDT

God knows who she is.....I've  never ever heard of her....I can say though that established liars can and do say exactly  what they like or what suits them .......:(
      June 5, 2018 4:15 PM MDT

I'm jealous of you.  But of course, I am jealous of everyone who is not living in America at present. 

(she is Trump's Press Secretary)  (huge liar)
      June 5, 2018 4:29 PM MDT

Don't be Jealous. ....England fare no better when it comes to politics and honesty.....I would think more then three quarters of our Politicans are born natural liars to...:(
      June 5, 2018 4:36 PM MDT

Oh my GOD .... Brexit.  You win.
      June 5, 2018 4:44 PM MDT

That and far far more.....we should make our own rules....:(
      June 5, 2018 4:55 PM MDT

• Sarah Huckabee Sanders is an American campaign manager and political advisor who was appointed White House Press Secretary to President Donald Trump in July 2017.

June 5, 2018 11:23 PM MDT

So a trump sympathizer really...:(  
      June 6, 2018 7:19 PM MDT

• She would have to be, or Trump wouldn't employ her. He demands unconditional loyalty of all his employees, but the record so far indicates that he does not reciprocate it. If they make a mistake, or if they discoverer that he's not what they first thought and speak to him about it, he gives them the sack.
    Former Trump Whitehouse employees are now discovering that they can no longer find work with anyone else. Hundreds of positions in the Whitehouse are now vacant because people are not applying to fill the positions of those Trump has sacked.
    Trump's position is becoming increasingly precarious as a significant proportion of Republicans now regret their choice of him as a candidate. Some are working hard to work around him to limit and repair the damage, others are trying to coach him as is visible in his professionally pre-written speeches, others are distancing themselves to protect their future careers. But there is still a strong cohort who genuinely support his policies, if not his methods.
    Because of the size of the USA's economy and its influence on the well-being of other nations, this news, along with the evidence, is going out worldwide, and being daily publically analyzed and discussed by professors of American politics.
      June 7, 2018 5:37 PM MDT

Sounds like he's made a rod for his own back then....
      June 7, 2018 6:10 PM MDT

• I think so - but I'm not sure that he realizes it yet, or ever will.

If he gets deposed, I think he will blame the media.

I believe he is high on the scale of narcissistic personality disorder.

June 7, 2018 6:35 PM MDT

All despots get their comeuppance eventually....he's just expert at it and going to get it far far quicker I feel...
      June 7, 2018 6:42 PM MDT

We might take into account that Ms Sanders could be excused for dishonesty in the sense that before mounting the podium to deceive the public, she has taken great pains to deceive herself. 

Sanders is employed to speak for the President (on points he will eventually undermine her about) and I’d be curious to read the part of her contract that covers relinquishing her soul.
    Sadly (at least for her) she will be virtually unemployable after Trump discards her (and her soul) for the next sucker.

If you doubt that, just ask Sean Spicer. This post was edited by Don Barzini at June 5, 2018 11:24 PM MDT
      June 5, 2018 4:50 PM MDT

• Some people believe that as long as you don't admit to something, you're innocent until proven guilty.
    In the court of the press, "innocence" can sometimes amount to trial by public opinion.
    So some politicians and diplomats believe that if they deny something consistently it will either create a margin of doubt about the evidence or at least guide the stances of their loyal supporters.

It is a foolish strategy when evidence to the contrary has been proven and published.
    But a fool always imagines the listener to be more foolish and gullible than him or herself.

June 5, 2018 11:44 PM MDT

• Some people believe that as long as you don't admit to something, you're innocent until proven guilty.
    In the court of the press, "innocence" can sometimes amount to trial by public opinion.
    So some politicians and diplomats believe that if they deny something consistently it will either create a margin of doubt about the evidence or at least guide the stances of their loyal supporters.

It is a foolish strategy when evidence to the contrary has been proven and published.
    But a fool always imagines the listener to be more foolish and gullible than him or herself.

June 5, 2018 11:44 PM MDT